The Student Room Group

2023 - Asylum decision maker recruitment

Just creating a thread for the 2023 intake. They seem to be advertising for multiple offices.

I applied and completed a test, then sent off my video sift last Thursday to find out today I’ve been successful and there’ll be an online assessment centre next. This is appointed on merit ‘shortly’

Any idea from anyone who’s done it before how long the wait is?

Scroll to see replies

I did my video sift on Thursday, still waiting to hear back (too soon i presume). Could of gone better but fingers crossed
Reply 2
Original post by Katie90965
Just creating a thread for the 2023 intake. They seem to be advertising for multiple offices.

I applied and completed a test, then sent off my video sift last Thursday to find out today I’ve been successful and there’ll be an online assessment centre next. This is appointed on merit ‘shortly’

Any idea from anyone who’s done it before how long the wait is?

Have you heard back yet? Also awaiting on a slot for OAC
I found out last week that I've got through to the OAC and have this on Thursday.
Reply 4
I found out last week that I've got through to the OAC and have this on Thursday.

Good luck! I’m still waiting for my OAC time slot 🤞🏽
Original post by JayKhann
Good luck! I’m still waiting for my OAC time slot 🤞🏽

Me to, but unsure on reading the reviews of the job
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6

How did it go
Has anyone had any updates? I had an email saying that I’ve passed the assessment centre and they’ll be in touch soon, but no further updates.
Original post by KristinaK91
Has anyone had any updates? I had an email saying that I’ve passed the assessment centre and they’ll be in touch soon, but no further updates.

I had the email yesterday to say I’d passed the assessment but not sure how long it’ll take for them to get in touch. Which office did you apply for?
Reply 9
I had an email telling me I'd passed the assessment centre 24 hours after it happened.
It took 48 hours from the email saying I'd passed the assessment centre to a provisional offer, they asked me to upload my passport and take a selfie for ID check and then 12 hours later sent me the request for the further onboarding info which I returned 4 days ago and have heard nothing else yet.

Hi have you heard anything yet ?
Original post by Blueyedgirl05
Hi have you heard anything yet ?

Which office did you apply to, I applied for Glasgow Office. I checked with them but received a response that the outcome is still under review and they cannot provide me with any timescales.
Original post by larleeuk
I had the email yesterday to say I’d passed the assessment but not sure how long it’ll take for them to get in touch. Which office did you apply for?

Glasgow Office, what about you? I still haven't heard anything.
Glasgow Office, what about you? I still haven't heard anything.

I applied for the Sheffield office. Since I heard back that i’d passed the OAC I received a provisional offer. I’ve since provided them with all my onboarding info and my vetting info. So now it’s just a waiting game.
Which office did you apply to, I applied for Glasgow Office. I checked with them but received a response that the outcome is still under review and they cannot provide me with any timescales.

👍 thanks for update
Reply 15
Hey! I also applied for the Glasgow Office and waiting on my pre-employment checks to be done! Bit of a waiting game as I submitted them 3 weeks ago… hoping it won’t be much longer

I've only just seen this thread - I was on a different one, but includes lots of previous campaigns!

I'm at the "waiting game" stage! (Had a provisional offer and submitted documents for onboarding.)

I'm getting a bit nervous about the job though - I've not heard great things about the role, and the press surrounding it can be very negative. The info session/q&a was a bit more encouraging.
Reply 17

same for me. Did my OAC on 29 March, got an email the following day to say I'd passed, then nothing since. (Glasgow)
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 18
I had my OAC about a month ago and got my prov job offer last week. Sent my onboarding info through and now waiting! (Glasgow)
Reply 19
Has anyone who applied to the office in london gotten feedback from the OAC they did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending