The Student Room Group

April 2023 Home Office- Asylum and Human Rights – Executive Officers

Hi,

Has anyone applied for the Home Office Customer Services Group - Asylum and Human Rights Executive Officers Operational Delivery posts - 276208. These were posted in April 2023 with a deadline on 02 May 23.

I am just getting my personal statement together and I'm using the Essential criteria with STAR technique. The process of becoming a Civil Service is a long one. Interviews are scheduled for June which seems like forever away. There are 32 posts up for grabs all over the UK. I am going for the Leeds office.

For those already working for Home Office, if you meet your yearly goals and Individual Development plan, do you automatically get a payrise (usually 2 or 3%).

PS - I see there is an even bigger Home Office campaign to recruit 150 people across the nation.The deadline for that is 22 May 23.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by xev bellringer
Hi,

Has anyone applied for the Home Office Customer Services Group - Asylum and Human Rights Executive Officers Operational Delivery posts - 276208. These were posted in April 2023 with a deadline on 02 May 23.

I am just getting my personal statement together and I'm using the Essential criteria with STAR technique. The process of becoming a Civil Service is a long one. Interviews are scheduled for June which seems like forever away. There are 32 posts up for grabs all over the UK. I am going for the Leeds office.

For those already working for Home Office, if you meet your yearly goals and Individual Development plan, do you automatically get a payrise (usually 2 or 3%).

PS - I see there is an even bigger Home Office campaign to recruit 150 people across the nation.The deadline for that is 22 May 23.

Hi, I have applied for both posts. First time I've applied to the Civil Service so not really sure if my personal statement will get me to interview stage but worth a shot at least!
Reply 2
Original post by xev bellringer
Hi,

Hi, did you manage to secure a video interview for this role?
Reply 3
No only scored 3 on the personal statement 😞 did you?
Reply 4
Original post by DO BJ
No only scored 3 on the personal statement 😞 did you?

A friend made it through to the Video Interview. I am helping her search for more information on what to expect. Thanks for your reply.
Reply 5
Afternoon everyone. Has anyone had any updates yet? Thanks.
Reply 6
I’ve heard back from them. Has anyone else?
Reply 7
Original post by Sm31125
I’ve heard back from them. Has anyone else?

Yes. I applied in Croydon. I got provisional offer. currently running pre-employment check. is anybody currently under pre employment check?
Reply 8
Original post by sajjad90
Yes. I applied in Croydon. I got provisional offer. currently running pre-employment check. is anybody currently under pre employment check?

Hello. I am currently under the pre-employment check as well. Just got contacted for a F2F to verify my identity today. The wait is quite draining. I really can't wait to start working.
Reply 9
Original post by Titasony
Hello. I am currently under the pre-employment check as well. Just got contacted for a F2F to verify my identity today. The wait is quite draining. I really can't wait to start working.

I am still for my CTC clearance. Have you submitted your NSVS/CTC clearance form yet?
Reply 10
I am still for my CTC clearance. Have you submitted your NSVS/CTC clearance form yet?

No. When did you receive the form? How soon do you think they will be done with the checks?
Reply 11
No. When did you receive the form? How soon do you think they will be done with the checks?

after checking your identity and some others check related to BPSS, they will send your NSVS/ CTC form link. Please Check your inbox or junk or spam folder regularly. Where will you be based? I submitted middle of September.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 12
after checking your identity and some others check related to BPSS, they will send your NSVS/ CTC form link. Please Check your inbox or junk or spam folder regularly. Where will you be based? I submitted middle of September.

Hello have your checks being completed?

How long did it take ?
Reply 13
Original post by Ahagags
Hello have your checks being completed?

How long did it take ?

Hi,
I have not heard back from them since I did my F2F verification.
Does the fact that I am an international student disqualify me? Does anyone know if a student has been told when to start?
I can see that a few people have gotten their start dates.
Soo disappointed
Reply 14
Hi,
I have not heard back from them since I did my F2F verification.
Does the fact that I am an international student disqualify me? Does anyone know if a student has been told when to start?
I can see that a few people have gotten their start dates.
Soo disappointed

I havnt had a start date n im not sure if it makes any difference that ur a international student. If u have the right to work n pass cheks ul be like everyone else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending