The Student Room Group

Kings nursing 2023

Hi, so I just received an interview for kings college paed nursing. I’m extremely nervoussss has anyone done an interview with them and can give me any advice???? I heard something about a maths question/test and I’m really not good with maths and don’t want it to be the reason i don’t get in. What type of questions do they ask? Any help will be appreciated THANK YOUUU
Original post by nicolekimberly
Hi, so I just received an interview for kings college paed nursing. I’m extremely nervoussss has anyone done an interview with them and can give me any advice???? I heard something about a maths question/test and I’m really not good with maths and don’t want it to be the reason i don’t get in. What type of questions do they ask? Any help will be appreciated THANK YOUUU

Obviously you'll be nervous about doing a nursing university interview but you'll be fine.

Just make sure that you thoroughly researched and revise everything you need to prior to your interview.

Math's tests will be sorted out for you to do once you have done your interview as it's necessary.
They are basic Tests.

Math's :-. What is the NHS numeracy test like......
The numeracy test element of the NHS assessment test includes basic mathematical calculations, including addition, multiplication, subtraction, and division. Some of the test questions will also require you to convert decimals to fractions, and also fractions to decimals

Some basic examples of questions you may be asked......
Why you want to do children's nursing instead of adult nursing or any other nursing fields.
The NMC code of practice you should read up on. ( Look at the NMC website for this).
The 6 C's of nursing.
Read your personal statement over incase you are asked anything about it.
How would you cope with stress
How would you be able to deal with a angry patient relative
How would you cope with a bereavement when you are on shift
What experience do you have of nursing as a career if any as not necessary
What do you think is a typical day for a nurse
What do you think will be most challenging about this course
What is the hardest part about being a nurse in the UK today
Are you interested in a specific area of nursing and if so why

I'm not a king's college student as I'm a final year student adult nurse in Scotland.

Good luck with your interview ☺️☺️☺️
Original post by Littleemma98
Obviously you'll be nervous about doing a nursing university interview but you'll be fine.

Just make sure that you thoroughly researched and revise everything you need to prior to your interview.

Math's tests will be sorted out for you to do once you have done your interview as it's necessary.
They are basic Tests.

Math's :-. What is the NHS numeracy test like......
The numeracy test element of the NHS assessment test includes basic mathematical calculations, including addition, multiplication, subtraction, and division. Some of the test questions will also require you to convert decimals to fractions, and also fractions to decimals

Some basic examples of questions you may be asked......
Why you want to do children's nursing instead of adult nursing or any other nursing fields.
The NMC code of practice you should read up on. ( Look at the NMC website for this).
The 6 C's of nursing.
Read your personal statement over incase you are asked anything about it.
How would you cope with stress
How would you be able to deal with a angry patient relative
How would you cope with a bereavement when you are on shift
What experience do you have of nursing as a career if any as not necessary
What do you think is a typical day for a nurse
What do you think will be most challenging about this course
What is the hardest part about being a nurse in the UK today
Are you interested in a specific area of nursing and if so why

I'm not a king's college student as I'm a final year student adult nurse in Scotland.

Good luck with your interview ☺️☺️☺️

Thank you so much love!!
Original post by nicolekimberly
Thank you so much love!!

You are welcome love for the information xxx
i got an offer for child nursing! the interview definitely wasn't like any of my other ones i really struggled tbh. it's less about why you want to be a nurse and more how would you deal with x situation as a nurse. it was mostly scenario and ethics based but the maths question was really hard i genuinely guessed. but i ended up getting the offer so i guess i did well lmao. best of luck <3
Original post by jungkook134340
what were the questions like i got my interview coming up and im really scared

Nothing to be scared of with your interview.

Just make sure you have thoroughly researched and studied everything you have to do for your interview and then all you do is your up most best on the day and then see what happens.

Unfortunately nobody can give you exact details of questions or answers due to fairness for the other candidates also having interviews. Normally they change the questions for each interview they do so that nobody can give out any information.

Best thing to do is read over what I said in my preview message in reply 1 and do your homework on this.

Good luck 🤞🤞
Reply 6
Original post by jungkook134340
Hey, i was wonderng if it was kings who had given you the offer. I have done my intervuew and l feel quite discouraged and feel that l didnt so as well as l wanted but it seems l made the interviewer laugh so maybe l gave her something to remember of me lmao. The ethics question put me off and l definetly got them wrong but l tried my best and l hope they give me an offer :frown:(((

did you get the offer?
Original post by exsasys
did you get the offer?
yess!!! l got my offer around 2 weeks later Alhamdullilah. If you are still waiting for an offer, my friend had to wait around 8 weeks and got her reply just a few days ago. They take their time with replies as around this time they have to get back to alot of people. Good luck and l hope you get an offer if you are waiting for one x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending