The Student Room Group

Kingston university interview question for nursing

Has anyone had their interview at Kingston for nursing yet? I was wondering what type of question they ask. are some scenario-based question
Reply 1
Hi yes I had mine about a month ago
For the scenario they will show you a picture and ask you why is happening in the picture
Reply 2
thank you very much i was wondering
What type of question did they ask
Original post by Shweetyyy
Has anyone had their interview at Kingston for nursing yet? I was wondering what type of question they ask. are some scenario-based question

Hi @Shweetyyy ,

The type of questions you will be asked are different each year but normally all interviews want to know -"why do you want to study in your particular field of nursing?".

Usually, in all nursing interviews, you are asked to look at a picture and express what you see. I believe you need to show emotional intelligence by showing an understanding of the emotions shown in the picture and possibly how they arise. My picture was of a conflict.

Another thing that you are generally asked (in nursing interviews) is to reflect on examples where you have shown leadership, being a team player or conflict resolution. I was also asked how I react to certain situations such as escalating challenging behaviour. This is all about reflection which is a key skill in nursing: what did not go well, what went well and how you will improve next time? You can take a minute to think about your response.

Browse the news about the field of nursing you are interested in. It is not a wide practice but occasionally you will be asked to talk about a recent story, for example, I was prepared to talk about an incident that occurred in inpatient mental health care.

It is a good idea to read the 6C's of nursing (https://www.england.nhs.uk/6cs/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2015/03/introducing-the-6cs.pdf) although you will not be asked directly about them, including them in your responses will show that you are prepared. For example, "I want to be a nurse because I have the courage to speak up and advocate for others" or "I am passionate about delivering evidence-based, person-centred and safe care". Keywords to use that will show you have done some reading are: holistic, person-centred, the concept of parity of esteem, shared decision-making and collaborative care.

As long as you show passion for your subject you will be okay =) Be yourself and smile.

How are you feeling about your interview?
Hristiana (Kingston rep)
1st year Mental Health Nursing BSc student
(edited 1 month ago)
thank you very much i was wondering
What type of question did they ask

Please note is is against TSR rules to share interview questions on the forum as it gives an unfair advantage to those who follow.
Reply 5
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi @Shweetyyy ,
The type of questions you will be asked are different each year but usually, you will be asked- "why do you want to study in your particular field of nursing?".
You will also be asked to look at a picture and express what you see. I believe you need to show emotional intelligence by showing an understanding of the emotions shown in the picture and possibly how they arise. My picture was of a conflict.
Another thing that you will be asked is to reflect on examples where you have shown leadership, being a team player or conflict resolution. I was also asked how I react to certain situations such as escalating challenging behaviour. This is all about reflection which is a key skill in nursing: what did not go well, what went well and how you will improve next time? You can take a minute to think about your response.
Browse the news about the field of nursing you are interested in. It is not a wide practice but occasionally you will be asked to talk about a recent story, for example, I was prepared to talk about an incident that occurred in inpatient mental health care.
It is a good idea to read the 6C's of nursing (https://www.england.nhs.uk/6cs/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2015/03/introducing-the-6cs.pdf) although you will not be asked directly about them, including them in your responses will show that you are prepared. For example, "I want to be a nurse because I have the courage to speak up and advocate for others" or "I am passionate about delivering evidence-based, person-centred and safe care". Keywords to use that will show you have done some reading are: holistic, person-centred, the concept of parity of esteem, shared decision-making and collaborative care.
As long as you show passion for your subject you will be okay =) Be yourself and smile.
How are you feeling about your interview?
Hristiana (Kingston rep)
1st year Mental Health Nursing BSc student
Thank you very much! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me

I am a bit nervous but I am hoping it goes well
Reply 6
I applied for Kingston nursing, went through the interview and passed for 2023 . It’s definitely easier than others I’ve done! They ask really basic questions like; tell me about yourself, why do you want to study nursing? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is nursing? Why us? And describe how the people in the image are feeling/ what you think is going on. They ask about experience and skill too. I would say if anything practice ethical questions because it might help with other nursing interviews you might have, definitely for Kings!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending