The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Business School 2023 intake

I applied to Durham Business School over a month ago. On 18th January. I still haven't heard back. Is it a bad sign and should I be worried? I emailed them sometime back and they said their processing times are 8-12 weeks.
Original post by Anonymous
I applied to Durham Business School over a month ago. On 18th January. I still haven't heard back. Is it a bad sign and should I be worried? I emailed them sometime back and they said their processing times are 8-12 weeks.

They do take some time. I got an offer in 8 weeks to be exact.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Hiya

I know it's a stressful waiting period but I wouldn't worry about it because it does take the admissions team time to go through applications and assess them properly. No news is still good news so my best advice would be to not let your mind go into the negative direction until you receive a response :smile:

-Himieka
thanks sm!
Original post by Dannymat1
They do take some time. I got an offer in 8 weeks to be exact.
that is so nice of you to say and reassuring as well! Thank you :smile:
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

I know it's a stressful waiting period but I wouldn't worry about it because it does take the admissions team time to go through applications and assess them properly. No news is still good news so my best advice would be to not let your mind go into the negative direction until you receive a response :smile:

-Himieka
I applied on 9th January and got an offer on 24th February. I think the business school will respond to you soon.
Thanks for your revert! I hope so too :smile:
Hello everyone.
I've got an offer for MSc management. And I am required to pay an initial deposit in order to confirm my place. I'm still waiting to hear from another university. I just wanted to know if I can ask Durham for an extension. Like has anyone asked for an extension and do they agree to it?
Hello everyone.
I've got an offer for MSc management. And I am required to pay an initial deposit in order to confirm my place. I'm still waiting to hear from another university. I just wanted to know if I can ask Durham for an extension. Like has anyone asked for an extension and do they agree to it?

Hiya

The website mentions, "All self-funding students classified as international (according to EU regulations), who require a visa to study in the UK, will be required to pay a Tuition Fee Deposit. Deposits are taken once an offer has been issued. Applicants are asked to pay within 6 weeks of the date of their offer."

From this, I reckon it has to be paid to secure the offer but it would be best to ask the admissions team directly. You can either call them or use the live chat feature here.

-Himieka
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

The website mentions, "All self-funding students classified as international (according to EU regulations), who require a visa to study in the UK, will be required to pay a Tuition Fee Deposit. Deposits are taken once an offer has been issued. Applicants are asked to pay within 6 weeks of the date of their offer."

From this, I reckon it has to be paid to secure the offer but it would be best to ask the admissions team directly. You can either call them or use the live chat feature here.

-Himieka

Thank you for your reply. I shall do that!

Don't worry, Durham sends out offers quite late. I applied at the start of November 2021 and received my offer in mid-March 2022.
Hello everyone.

hey! i asked and they gave me a four week extension.

Quick Reply

Latest