The Student Room Group

UCAS Clearing

Hi everyone, I need some help deciding which uni I should apply for Clearing for Accounting and Finance. Does anyone here have any recommendations? Or would you suggest I take a gap year?

Here are my results:
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Maths A*
Accounting A*
Original post by hqlim
Hi everyone, I need some help deciding which uni I should apply for Clearing for Accounting and Finance. Does anyone here have any recommendations? Or would you suggest I take a gap year?

Here are my results:
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Maths A*
Accounting A*

The top universities arent in clearing normally. You need to wait see which universities end up in clearing. You wont know until A level results day
Reply 2
Original post by hqlim

Here are my results:
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Maths A*
Accounting A*

If you've got your A level results already, have you not just had a gap year?
Reply 3
Original post by hqlim

Here are my results:
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Maths A*
Accounting A*

apply LSE with those grades, lmao
Original post by zkan

LSE never enters clearing
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
LSE never enters clearing

take a gap year obviously lmao
Reply 6
Original post by dunnott
If you've got your A level results already, have you not just had a gap year?

I got my results in January 2023. I was in the July 2021 intake, so I completed A-levels in 1.5 years
Reply 7
Thank you for your recommendation. I'm just really confused with what I want to do. I applied last minute in January for this year's intake for Chemical Engineering. Then half way through, I decided that Chemical Engineering isn't for me. I feel bad that I rejected offers from top unis, but I don't want to sacrifice 4 years of my life in a course I'm hesitant to commit to

Original post by swanseajack1
The top universities arent in clearing normally. You need to wait see which universities end up in clearing. You wont know until A level results day
Reply 8
Original post by zkan

Thank you for your recommendation. I'm just really confused with what I want to do. I applied last minute in January for this year's intake for Chemical Engineering. Then half way through, I decided that Chemical Engineering isn't for me. I feel bad that I rejected offers from top unis, but I don't want to sacrifice 4 years of my life in a course I'm hesitant to commit to.

Also, I'm an international student so financially, it's too hard for me to pursue an education in LSE
Original post by hqlim
Thank you for your recommendation. I'm just really confused with what I want to do. I applied last minute in January for this year's intake for Chemical Engineering. Then half way through, I decided that Chemical Engineering isn't for me. I feel bad that I rejected offers from top unis, but I don't want to sacrifice 4 years of my life in a course I'm hesitant to commit to.

Also, I'm an international student so financially, it's too hard for me to pursue an education in LSE

Every year there are many very good universities in clearing but they often dont know until they get UK A level results. It is then UK universities are able to know how many have met their grades and whether they will have spaces. In a typical year Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, ICL, LSE, Durham and St Andrews wont have spaces in clearing Some other universities such as Edinburgh, Bristol and a few others have very few courses. What courses they will have is impossible at this stage to tell. The likelyhood is that there will be very good universities offering your course but it wont be known unil A level results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending