The Student Room Group

Chichester Musical Theatre

Can anyone tell me more about Chichester please.

Applied for MT Triple Threat and offered MT Music.

I’ve been trying to contact them to get feedback and find out more, but the head of department is obviously very busy!

Thank you.
Hello! How long has it been since receiving your offer? Two of my classmates auditioned for TT and recieved MT Music and got an email from the department a couple of days later to arrange a zoom call for a talk about their offers.

In any case, congrats on being offered a place!
Reply 2
It was so quick after the audition end of Jan to hear.

They emailed to offer feedback and I contacted them several times to arrange a time to chat, but it didn’t fit.

I have since emailed again, but heard nothing! I don’t want to keep pestering, the guy is obviously very busy.

I would have loved a zoom call.

Thanks for answering
Original post by K8tc
It was so quick after the audition end of Jan to hear.

They emailed to offer feedback and I contacted them several times to arrange a time to chat, but it didn’t fit.

I have since emailed again, but heard nothing! I don’t want to keep pestering, the guy is obviously very busy.

I would have loved a zoom call.

Thanks for answering

I hope it’s ok to ask you (I’m new here) - what were your impressions of Chichester University?
Reply 4
Original post by Hamish MacLeod
I hope it’s ok to ask you (I’m new here) - what were your impressions of Chichester University?

We only saw the Bognor Regis campus. As that was where the auditions were, the main building with the reception and the buildings around it, were new and everyone seemed very friendly.
We were in an older building, which if I’m honest, wasn’t anything to wow me. It was a nice audition feeling though.

The course offered was MT music, (although I went for triple threat) which is in the Bishop Otter campus, which I didn’t go to, so I have no idea what it’s like apart from the virtual tour on the website. I’m going to an open day next month to get more of a feel for it. I’m still waiting to hear from the course leader with feedback and more info on the course.

Have you been?
Original post by K8tc
We only saw the Bognor Regis campus. As that was where the auditions were, the main building with the reception and the buildings around it, were new and everyone seemed very friendly.
We were in an older building, which if I’m honest, wasn’t anything to wow me. It was a nice audition feeling though.

The course offered was MT music, (although I went for triple threat) which is in the Bishop Otter campus, which I didn’t go to, so I have no idea what it’s like apart from the virtual tour on the website. I’m going to an open day next month to get more of a feel for it. I’m still waiting to hear from the course leader with feedback and more info on the course.

Have you been?

Thanks for responding. I haven’t been yet as it’s a fair distance and I’ll be applying for 2024, but I was impressed by the prospectus. It gave the impression that Music/Theatre has fairly high profile within the Uni.
Good luck with MT, Chi seems to have an amazing offering in that area.
Reply 6
Good luck with it.

If I remember, I’ll post when I’ve been.

I live in the North of England, so it’s a long way too!

Thanks for responding. I haven’t been yet as it’s a fair distance and I’ll be applying for 2024, but I was impressed by the prospectus. It gave the impression that Music/Theatre has fairly high profile within the Uni.
Good luck with MT, Chi seems to have an amazing offering in that area.

I thought I'd chime in! I recieved an offer for MT triple threat, and there is a high likelihood of me going. I thought the Bognor Regis campus, although small, was really charming and had good facilities. The staff all seem really welcoming and I had a really good audition experience. The area is really nice too, a good mix between rural and city. There's seems to be a reasonable amount of job opportunities for students as well, lots of supermarkets within 10 minutes of campus and Butlins literally over the road lol. I need to do a bit more reading about the course structure, but from what I know so far, it seems like really extensive training.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by aphroditess
I thought I'd chime in! I recieved an offer for MT triple threat, and there is a high likelihood of me going. I thought the Bognor Regis campus, although small, was really charming and had good facilities. The staff all seem really welcoming and I had a really good audition experience. The area is really nice too, a good mix between rural and city. There's seems to be a reasonable amount of job opportunities for students as well, lots of supermarkets within 10 minutes of campus and Butlins literally over the road lol. I need to do a bit more reading about the course structure, but from what I know so far, it seems like really extensive training.

Hi

i certainly think the Triple threat will is a good and recognised course by the industry. I know at a pre audition training weekend at GSA it was rated highly by them. I’m not sure about the MT music. Still waiting to hear from them to have a chat about it.
Reply 9
Original post by Georgiek9
Can anyone tell me more about Chichester please.

Applied for MT Triple Threat and offered MT Music.

I’ve been trying to contact them to get feedback and find out more, but the head of department is obviously very busy!

Thank you.

if you have other options then go with them or wait a year and try again somewhere else. Chichester have not offered good value for money to my daughter and she certainly feels that she is left with a 55k debt and nothing to show for it. Apparently the university is not respected in the industry so name dropping Chichester triple threat will not get you through any doors when you have completed your three years
Reply 10
Although my daughter has been very disappointed with her MT triple threat degree course at Chichester University and after 3 years feels that she wasted her money and time, she did enjoy the Bognor Regis campus.

Hi

i certainly think the Triple threat will is a good and recognised course by the industry. I know at a pre audition training weekend at GSA it was rated highly by them. I’m not sure about the MT music. Still waiting to hear from them to have a chat about it.

Original post by aphroditess
Reply 11
Original post by bee6630
if you have other options then go with them or wait a year and try again somewhere else. Chichester have not offered good value for money to my daughter and she certainly feels that she is left with a 55k debt and nothing to show for it. Apparently the university is not respected in the industry so name dropping Chichester triple threat will not get you through any doors when you have completed your three years

Thank you. I did visit again and it just seemed very quiet!

I am going to defer a year and will decide in September if I’m going to apply to other places.

I’m sorry your daughter doesn’t feel she benefited from the course. Maybe that’s what I’m feeling!

thank you for your help.
Reply 12
Thank you. I did visit again and it just seemed very quiet!

I am going to defer a year and will decide in September if I’m going to apply to other places.

I’m sorry your daughter doesn’t feel she benefited from the course. Maybe that’s what I’m feeling!

thank you for your help.

I really hope you find the right place for you, there is a lot riding on your decision as my daughter has found to her cost. Her first year was during covid lock down and Chichester did fail to give adequate tuition online but that was never going to work for practical courses anyway. Her second year started promising but Chichester failed to provide the hours they promised and when they did some of the tutors were simply wasting the students time ( at one point they had music teacher taking the dance lessons). In her final year she found that all the decent tutors had left and the remaining ones were not committed at all. There was also a lot of favouritism and this left many student feeling disillusioned and even worse, bullied. I wish my daughter had not been so quick to chose Chichester but to be fair they did sell it well and she was promised good training at their 'Conservatoire' so she was really pleased to accept the offer. She is not alone in voicing her disappointment and im sure regardless of what degree she comes away with she will forever regret not waiting for a better offer. Good luck in whatever you choose.
Hey! Thank you for this, I've just found this thread and your thoughts are very helpful. Could someone please tell me a little more about the actual course at Chichester - How practical is it? I'm avoiding applying to a drama/musical theatre university course as drama school seems to offer the more practical and intense courses that I would prefer, but I've generally heard good things about Chichester and people say it is a practical course.

How many contact teaching hours are there per week and also how much of the course is practical vs written (by written I also mean seminars and lectures in which you listen and take notes)?
Reply 14
My daughter said that her 3 year contact hours were slightly more than she was offered in year 1 and year 2. In year 3 she was offered 'weekly' 3 hours of tap, 3 - 4 hours ballet, 3 hours jazz and I hour contemporary. For vocals she was offered 1 hour master class and 1 and a half hour '1 - 1' vocal. Acting was only 2 hours a week. Lectures and seminars were 1 two hour weekly session and she had to submit one essay a term. At the start of her degree she was promised at least 20 hours during her audition. I believe that a good drama school would offer you more hours and sadly im sure they would be of a better quality.
Reply 15
Original post by bee6630
My daughter said that her 3 year contact hours were slightly more than she was offered in year 1 and year 2. In year 3 she was offered 'weekly' 3 hours of tap, 3 - 4 hours ballet, 3 hours jazz and I hour contemporary. For vocals she was offered 1 hour master class and 1 and a half hour '1 - 1' vocal. Acting was only 2 hours a week. Lectures and seminars were 1 two hour weekly session and she had to submit one essay a term. At the start of her degree she was promised at least 20 hours during her audition. I believe that a good drama school would offer you more hours and sadly im sure they would be of a better quality.

I just wanted to say thanks for your advice. I deferred Chichester, then decided to drop it and re audition this year.

Already have offers for GSA, PPA , Rose Bruford and recalls for Italia Conti and Mountview. May not do them as think I’m going with GSA, although it is foundation not BA like the others.

I may have just taken Chichester if you hadn’t of validated my feelings about it.

I hope your daughter is doing okay now.
I just wanted to say thanks for your advice. I deferred Chichester, then decided to drop it and re audition this year.
Already have offers for GSA, PPA , Rose Bruford and recalls for Italia Conti and Mountview. May not do them as think I’m going with GSA, although it is foundation not BA like the others.
I may have just taken Chichester if you hadn’t of validated my feelings about it.
I hope your daughter is doing okay now.

Wow you have some amazing options there and im so glad that you decided not to take your talent to Chichester where they would have crushed your passion and wasted 3 years of your time. Good luck in your future career. Im sure you will shine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending