The Student Room Group

Business A Level

Hi! I'm in Year 11 about to start applying for colleges, I'm really interested in Business A Level but I just wanted to hear from others who are actually already studying the course: are you enjoying it? Do you think it's a good course to take? How difficult is it?
Thanks!
Original post by mianobes
Hi! I'm in Year 11 about to start applying for colleges, I'm really interested in Business A Level but I just wanted to hear from others who are actually already studying the course: are you enjoying it? Do you think it's a good course to take? How difficult is it?
Thanks!

I did the course, but that was a while back. If you want my take on it, let me know.

Do note: Business is considered more of a vocational subject by some unis, but it's still accepted for a number of degrees.
Business also gives you a good foundation should you wish to set up your own business later on.
If you do pick your subjects, avoid the Economics and Business Studies combo should you later want to go for a degree that asks for well rounded candidates; this is because economics and business are considered overlapping subjects by some unis (kind of like how maths and FM are considered too similar if you want candidates in 3 different subjects). Having said that, the study of economics and business are very different when it comes down to it, but it is what it is.

Quick Reply

Latest