The Student Room Group

MSc Management. University of Manchester or University of Edinburgh.

Hello,

I am a postgraduate student who recently received an offer from the University of Manchester and the University of Edinburgh for the MSc Management programme.

This is one of the biggest dilemmas I face today since both universities are my top choice. The University of Manchester has a lot of good feedback about its Business School, while the University of Edinburgh generally has a slightly higher world ranking.

In this thread, I would like to discuss with fellow postgraduate students which university is better for studying management and is generally better known for its Business studies. I would also highly appreciate it if graduates gave some advice on it.
Congratulations on your offers! Both Manchester and Edinburgh are great business schools. I think you should do a comparison between the modules offered by these universities and pick the one that interests you.

May I know when did you submit your application for both these universities and when exactly did you hear back? I have applied to the same program and have been waiting since a really long time.
Reply 2
Thank you. Yeah I am making a research into the modules as well, but I also wanted to know about the general teaching quality of both universities.

I applied to Manchester around January and they got back after two weeks. However, I applied to the Edinburgh in January 21 and it took around two months to receive my offer.

Wish you good luck with your application.
Original post by Jake Baker
Thank you. Yeah I am making a research into the modules as well, but I also wanted to know about the general teaching quality of both universities.

I applied to Manchester around January and they got back after two weeks. However, I applied to the Edinburgh in January 21 and it took around two months to receive my offer.

Wish you good luck with your application.

I'm currently in the same boat with offers from both for MSc Marketing. From what I can tell AMBS is the better business school but Edinburgh is better in terms of reputation. I'm pretty confused about which to choose.

Edinburgh got back to me pretty quickly, whereas Manchester took very long to send the offer.
Do let me know what you decide :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by maverickmarketer
I'm currently in the same boat with offers from both for MSc Marketing. From what I can tell AMBS is the better business school but Edinburgh is better in terms of reputation. I'm pretty confused about which to choose.

Edinburgh got back to me pretty quickly, whereas Manchester took very long to send the offer.
Do let me know what you decide :smile:

Yeah, from my research I revealed that AMBS has a much better reputation as a business school than the University of Edinburgh. The most crucial priority for me is education, hence I prefer the university to have good academic reputation in the Business Field than having an overall ranking. So I think I will choose the University of Manchester.

I regularly stumble upon a lot of materials on Alliance MBS while do not find much about the University of Edinburgh business school. It should also be mentioned that Alliance MBS has much more modern campus.

So yeah, I am highly motivated to study at the University of Manchester, since it specializes more on the Business area.

Also, let me know about your findings and your choice.
Original post by Jake Baker
Yeah, from my research I revealed that AMBS has a much better reputation as a business school than the University of Edinburgh. The most crucial priority for me is education, hence I prefer the university to have good academic reputation in the Business Field than having an overall ranking. So I think I will choose the University of Manchester.

I regularly stumble upon a lot of materials on Alliance MBS while do not find much about the University of Edinburgh business school. It should also be mentioned that Alliance MBS has much more modern campus.

So yeah, I am highly motivated to study at the University of Manchester, since it specializes more on the Business area.

Also, let me know about your findings and your choice.

Hi there,

I wanted to know if you were able to choose.
I leaned towards Manchester but Edinburgh has just updated its modules for the course so I'm confused once more.
Reply 6
Original post by maverickmarketer
Hi there,

I wanted to know if you were able to choose.
I leaned towards Manchester but Edinburgh has just updated its modules for the course so I'm confused once more.

I have chosen Manchester afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending