The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford postgraduates: Waitlistters 2023/24

I created this discussion form for all waitlisted candidates, keeping hopes up!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I created this discussion form for all waitlisted candidates, keeping hopes up!

Hi, how do you know you have been wait listed? Have you received an email to this effect?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by megster1
Hi, how do you know you have been wait listed? Have you received an email to this effect?

Yes, I got an email
Got waitlisted on Tuesday; guess it’s just a waiting game now
Reply 4
Waitlisted a week ago too. Let’s keep hope even though it seems to be a long process
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi guys, has anyone received an offer? I am waitlisted as well for the MSc in Energy systems.
Hello, I was waitlisted for the MSc in Comparative Social Policy yesterday. Department told me they can’t share ranking or the number of people on the waitlist.
Hi guys, has anyone received an offer? I am waitlisted as well for the MSc in Energy systems.

Same here, let's keep prayers going
Hi,
I was recently put on the waiting list for the Master in Russian and East European Studies at Oxford. I sent an email a few weeks ago to get more information about the waiting list but they replied that unfortunately they could not give me that information. Do you think the waiting list is long? Do admitted students have a deadline to accept their offer and if so, when? Also, assuming that the waiting list is expected to last until July/August, how will students on the waiting list know if they can still expect a spot? Will they be notified if the spots are all filled and the waiting list lapses?
Thank you and good luck to all waitlisted students!
Reply 9
Hi all, thanks for creating this thread! Got waitlisted for MSc in Criminology and Criminal Justice. Happy not to have been rejected but also sad not to have a place!

Dept said the waitlist is not ranked ( no idea how they would choose people. Alphabetical order lol? ) and that they can't share any info as to when to expect an answer. Keeping my head up and sending good vibes to all of you. Hopefully, we hear back around June, surely people have to reply around that time to sort out deposits and visas if needed.
Hi,
I was recently put on the waiting list for the Master in Russian and East European Studies at Oxford. I sent an email a few weeks ago to get more information about the waiting list but they replied that unfortunately they could not give me that information. Do you think the waiting list is long? Do admitted students have a deadline to accept their offer and if so, when? Also, assuming that the waiting list is expected to last until July/August, how will students on the waiting list know if they can still expect a spot? Will they be notified if the spots are all filled and the waiting list lapses?
Thank you and good luck to all waitlisted students!

Best of luck! In the same boat as you. Hopefully we will find out soon!
Hi! Yes I hope so too. I'll keep you updated!
Best of luck! In the same boat as you. Hopefully we will find out soon!
Are you for the MPhil or MSc?
Hi! Yes I hope so too. I'll keep you updated!
Are you for the MPhil or MSc?

MPhil. What about you?
MPhil. What about you?

Same here. I do know there is a higher turnaround of offers for MPhil than MSc due to costs and lack of funding…so there is more of a chance
Hi all good to have this thread. I got waitlisted for the MSt in Practical Ethics. I also reached out to the department about where I am placed on the list but they said they could not tell me that nor the acceptance deadline for offer holders.
Same here. I do know there is a higher turnaround of offers for MPhil than MSc due to costs and lack of funding…so there is more of a chance

Fingers crossed for both of us then! I am following this freedom of information request made by perhaps another waitlister about the number of acceptances/ waitlisters/ offers to waitlisters for this programme in the past years, here is the link :https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/mphil_russian_and_eastern_europe#incoming-2278968
I hope we will hear back from them soon and hopefully hopefully receive an offer! Good luck!!!

Their response can be either very quick, in the case that some offer holders decline their offer immediately (for economic reasons, or because they have accepted another offer elsewhere), in which case it is possible to receive a place as early as May. But if some candidates wait to fulfil the conditions (threshold marks to be reached, language tests, etc.), in general these conditions must be fulfilled towards the end of summer, therefore at the end of July or even at the end of August, depending on the programme. The waiting list is therefore quite unpredictable, either very short or very long, and having no visibility on it can be quite stressful...
Has anyone had any updates re the waitlist?
Original post by babybarista1
Has anyone had any updates re the waitlist?

Nope. Still waiting…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending