The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

i need friends😭

hi i’m going to university of manchester this september and i am so nervous😭 i dont know anybody else going there, is anyone else feeling the same? </3
Don't worry about not knowing many people there already at university. You'll meet loads of people every day, and it shouldn't be too hard to make new friends. I'd recommend joining a society or three, these are great ways of building friendships - I don't know if I'm allowed to post links, but google 'university of manchester student union societies' and you'll find there's a million. I was the only person from my high school that went to my university and I, one of the world's worst friend-makers, quickly felt at home - and I would say, for the most part people who did know people already often kind of drifted away from each other and that's pretty normal too.

One last thing - university friendships kind of work like toddler friendships. You can hang out with someone once and just be like 'we're best friends now'. It's kind of weird, but you'll see what I mean.
(edited 1 year ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Don't worry!!! I am an international student, I will study abroad this year~ Maybe we can make friends!!!
i’m feeling the exact same !! i know no one else that’s going to this uni 😭😭 what course are u doing ?
Original post by nanaosaki
i’m feeling the exact same !! i know no one else that’s going to this uni 😭😭 what course are u doing ?

International Relations- Undergruaduate program-conditional offer! Don't worry~ Maybe we can be good friends!

im doing philosophy and religion! wbu
Original post by JasmineTracyovo
Don't worry!!! I am an international student, I will study abroad this year~ Maybe we can make friends!!!

hopefully we can !!! good luck <33333
Original post by JasmineTracyovo
International Relations- Undergruaduate program-conditional offer! Don't worry~ Maybe we can be good friends!

oh wow !! yes ofc <33
Original post by lilyhangout
im doing philosophy and religion! wbu

omg that sounds so interesting, especially philosophy. i’ve been interested in some philosophy books but yet to buy because i already have books i need to read at home 😭 i’m doing adult nursing ! have u applied for accommodation yet ?
hopefully we can !!! good luck <33333

Loveee~!Thank you!🥰🥰
oh wow !! yes ofc <33

Thank you so much 💖💖😭😭🥺
omg that sounds so interesting, especially philosophy. i’ve been interested in some philosophy books but yet to buy because i already have books i need to read at home 😭 i’m doing adult nursing ! have u applied for accommodation yet ?

yess main reason i love philosophy is how interesting it always is fr. i literallt never read its like my biggest weakness😭 nursing sounds so cool too! i applied for accommodation super early cus i got scared id leave it too late LOL have you?
hi i’m going to university of manchester this september and i am so nervous😭 i dont know anybody else going there, is anyone else feeling the same? </3

Heyy I'm literally in the same position! I'm going to be moving 2 hours away from home and I'm so nervous.
But I will say I made a friend when visiting the uni on an open day so I guess hope isn't completely lost.
Original post by Anonymous
Heyy I'm literally in the same position! I'm going to be moving 2 hours away from home and I'm so nervous.
But I will say I made a friend when visiting the uni on an open day so I guess hope isn't completely lost.

im going on an open day there this wednesday hopefully ill do the same🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending