The Student Room Group

Retaking one a-level and reapplying

How do I write a personal statement if I'm retaking an a-level and reapplying to a couple of the same courses?
I know I don't need to change the entire thing but how do I say I'm retaking bc I know I can do better? Do I need to say it at all? I'm not sure how to approach this...
You don't need to address it if you're just retaking to improve a grade. It'll be obvious to your choices. Just write about your suitability and motivation for the course.

If anything serious affected your initial grades, have your referee mention it.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
You don't need to address it if you're just retaking to improve a grade. It'll be obvious to your choices. Just write about your suitability and motivation for the course.

If anything serious affected your initial grades, have your referee mention it.

So I don't need to necessarily address the fact that I'm taking a gap year or what I'm going to do during it (unless it's relevant to the course I want to apply to)?
Original post by 1ta_dx
So I don't need to necessarily address the fact that I'm taking a gap year or what I'm going to do during it (unless it's relevant to the course I want to apply to)?

Exactly, if it's relevant, definitely include it, but otherwise you don't need to tweak your statement for the sake of amending it.
Reply 4
Do I at any point need to write "during my gap year..."?
Original post by 1ta_dx
Do I at any point need to write "during my gap year..."?

Only if you did something relating to your suitability or motivation for the course. Hopefully you did, but if not, no, you don't need to address your gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending