The Student Room Group

Because of The Internet

Why are people so creepy on the internet? I'm a girl and I have had men asking me to send explicit images, I didn't do it, but why me? Like dude, I look like I am 12 in real life, even though I'm not and I am disabled, like I am so unattractive, even if I wasn't, why would I want to have a relationship with an internet stranger? I had to quit some social media websites because of this, so girls, boys, men and women, be careful, because if anyone's pressuring you to send pictures, all they want to do is exploit you and scam you.

I don't care who you are, don't ask people for explicit imagery or videos ever. Someone of you, need to get a life.
Original post by Anonymous
Why are people so creepy on the internet? I'm a girl and I have had men asking me to send explicit images, I didn't do it, but why me? Like dude, I look like I am 12 in real life, even though I'm not and I am disabled, like I am so unattractive, even if I wasn't, why would I want to have a relationship with an internet stranger? I had to quit some social media websites because of this, so girls, boys, men and women, be careful, because if anyone's pressuring you to send pictures, all they want to do is exploit you and scam you.

I don't care who you are, don't ask people for explicit imagery or videos ever. Someone of you, need to get a life.

These people think that they have anonymity which makes them think they’re immune to such actions
Like the offline world, the internet has a lot of perverts and criminal creeps.
There are also plenty of trolling attention seekers that restrict their idiocy to online venues and act normally face to face in the real world.

Being able to conceal much of their identities behind an anonymous screen or generic username, limited knowledge of the laws applicable online, rare police enforcement of non-violent cyber harassment directed at ordinary people who are not celebrities nor very wealthy, many websites having mods who are overworked/lazy/disinterested in stopping harassment & online illegality- all of these elements have combined to make many parts of the internet a swamp infested with criminals or vile entitled jerks.
Original post by Anonymous

It is unfortunate that some people feel the need to behave inappropriately and make unwanted advances towards others on the internet. There could be many reasons why someone might engage in this behavior, such as seeking validation or control, or simply because they lack empathy and don't consider how their actions may affect others.

However, it is important to remember that you are not at fault for their behavior. No one has the right to pressure or exploit you in any way. It is important to prioritize your safety and well-being, and to be cautious about sharing personal information or engaging in any behavior that makes you uncomfortable.

If you ever feel threatened or unsafe online, it's important to reach out to a trusted friend, family member, or authority figure for support. Additionally, many online platforms have reporting and blocking mechanisms that can be used to protect yourself and prevent further unwanted interactions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending