The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings offer

I got a contextual offer for engineering of ABB and I applied with grades of A*AA (honestly not sure if that’s helpful). I was wondering if i ended up achieving grades of AAC or A*BC or A*AC would my offer still stand? Like would the grades level out? The grade which I’m worried about is my art grade by the way, the other two grades are my maths and physics which I’m not too worried about, if I tried really hard I could probably get A* in both of them (I’ve spoken to my teachers about it) but realistically I think I’ll end up getting an A* in maths and an A in physics. The art grade could possibly go up to a B but it’s more likely to be a C.
It depends. You would fail to meet your offer with a C in art, so wouldn't be automatically accepted. If King's are full with students who meet their offers then you would be rejected. If there are spaces you would be considered as a near miss - especially with excellent grades in the most relevant subjects.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
It depends. You would fail to meet your offer with a C in art, so wouldn't be automatically accepted. If King's are full with students who meet their offers then you would be rejected. If there are spaces you would be considered as a near miss - especially with excellent grades in the most relevant subjects.

What does the near miss imply?
Original post by Sehar.n

Near Miss is usually One grade below the offer or grades that add up to the ucas points requirment of the offer but dont meet the grade requirments such as in this case A*BC instead of ABB
Reply 4
Original post by user123456324
Near Miss is usually One grade below the offer or grades that add up to the ucas points requirment of the offer but dont meet the grade requirments such as in this case A*BC instead of ABB

Oh okay, thank you! Just wondering if you’d have any idea on the likelihood of me still getting a place if I end up achieving grades of A*AC ?
No one knows the likelihood apart from the king's admissions team when they receive the results it all will depend on how well your cohort does and wether or not enough people hit their requirements to fill the spaces availiable
Original post by Sehar.n
Oh okay, thank you! Just wondering if you’d have any idea on the likelihood of me still getting a place if I end up achieving grades of A*AC ?
Original post by Sehar.n

It means, er, that you missed your offer but we're close. Anything from ABC up to A*A*C.
Original post by Sehar.n

No-one has a particular insight on King's applications for this year. One suggestion is to contact admissions and ask what might happen in that situation, emphasising your contextual status and that the C is in art.
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
It means, er, that you missed your offer but we're close. Anything from ABC up to A*A*C.

No-one has a particular insight on King's applications for this year. One suggestion is to contact admissions and ask what might happen in that situation, emphasising your contextual status and that the C is in art.

I’ll contact their admissions team and ask them ^^ thanks so much for the help!! (:
Reply 8
Original post by Sehar.n
I’ll contact their admissions team and ask them ^^ thanks so much for the help!! (:

hi! just wanted to ask if the admission team got back to you, and what they said? I'm in a similar situation myself ...

Quick Reply

Latest