The Student Room Group

Issues about Edexcel account, please help!

Now I do not have any Edexcel account because it seems to be our centre administrator has already organised all the things. But I want to ask some questions about it.
1. Is the so-called Edexcel Online account the same thing as ResultsPlus Direct service?
2. If the student wants to register the accounts, is that compulsory for the administrator to help student to register or the administrator can refuse to do so without any reason?
3. If the request is refused by the administrator, does contact Edexcel work?
4. Does register the accounts mean that I need to take the responsibilities for myself, so I need to deal with the affairs the centre do after registering my own account or it just gives me a more convenient access to the information it release to the centres.
5. Can I see all the papers I have done in the official exam before through registering the Edexcel Online or ResultsPlus Direct service?
Someone help me please! I'm really confused with these problems about the Edexcel system qaq
Original post by Peijun
Now I do not have any Edexcel account because it seems to be our centre administrator has already organised all the things. But I want to ask some questions about it.
1. Is the so-called Edexcel Online account the same thing as ResultsPlus Direct service?
2. If the student wants to register the accounts, is that compulsory for the administrator to help student to register or the administrator can refuse to do so without any reason?
3. If the request is refused by the administrator, does contact Edexcel work?
4. Does register the accounts mean that I need to take the responsibilities for myself, so I need to deal with the affairs the centre do after registering my own account or it just gives me a more convenient access to the information it release to the centres.
5. Can I see all the papers I have done in the official exam before through registering the Edexcel Online or ResultsPlus Direct service?
Someone help me please! I'm really confused with these problems about the Edexcel system qaq

Students cannot have an Edexcel online account as they are for centre staff only. The Exams officer is normally the administrator and gives access to staff who require it (mostly Heads of departments). I am an Exams team leader for BTEC and as we mark most papers online now, we dont write any marks or comments on the actual papers, so if you ask for a copy there would be nothing to see on it. The marks are uploaded by examiners to a portal which feeds into Edexcel online and subsequently Results plus. So you can ask your teacher for a copy of your marks. Although Pearson do say students can use Resultsplus, your exams officer or teacher can tell you whether your school or college has chosen to register you for this service. If you haven't been registered, don't worry, you can still collect your results from your school or college in the normal way.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
Students cannot have an Edexcel online account as they are for centre staff only. The Exams officer is normally the administrator and gives access to staff who require it (mostly Heads of departments). I am an Exams team leader for BTEC and as we mark most papers online now, we dont write any marks or comments on the actual papers, so if you ask for a copy there would be nothing to see on it. The marks are uploaded by examiners to a portal which feeds into Edexcel online and subsequently Results plus. So you can ask your teacher for a copy of your marks. Although Pearson do say students can use Resultsplus, your exams officer or teacher can tell you whether your school or college has chosen to register you for this service. If you haven't been registered, don't worry, you can still collect your results from your school or college in the normal way.

I really appreciate your useful reply. By the way, could I ask one more question, thank you! I want to know the process of how the paper is marked. One of my friend said that, his teacher told him the paper is marked by the staff in the centre. So his score was lowered in order to make the students in the centre get higher grade.(he is not the centre's student) Would it (the centre's staff is the examiner who marked the students in his centre) be possible? Thank you for your reply!
Original post by Peijun
I really appreciate your useful reply. By the way, could I ask one more question, thank you! I want to know the process of how the paper is marked. One of my friend said that, his teacher told him the paper is marked by the staff in the centre. So his score was lowered in order to make the students in the centre get higher grade.(he is not the centre's student) Would it (the centre's staff is the examiner who marked the students in his centre) be possible? Thank you for your reply!

I need more information. Which subject / unit exam was it? Exams are marked by Examiners appointed and trained by Pearson. Teachers who are examiners do not get to mark anything from their own centre. Internal coursework units are marked by teachers and a random sample is checked by another teacher / Head of department and then a further random sample is checked by Pearson. If it is an EPQ or a new Tech award PSA, these are marked by teachers and again sampled by another teacher and then again by a Pearson moderator.
In all of those cases, I cant see any one marking someone down in order to increase others marks. I cant see how this would actually work anyway?
The only possible way, is if an external moderator marks down all of those learners sampled, then everyone has the marks downgraded.

Quick Reply

Latest