The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

sheffield hallam accommodation

Does anyone know the most social/party halls at for Sheffield Hallam?
Original post by mjh2704
Does anyone know the most social/party halls at for Sheffield Hallam?

Hey there @mjh2704 !
I'm currently in second year at Hallam and have stayed at two different university accommodations but have visited many others. When I first joined, it was always the Forge and LIV that were the most social however it seems like things have changed over time. During my first year, the majority of the parties were happening at the Elements and the Gate. I'd definitely say speaking from right now that the Elements and the Forge are two of the most social but that's not to say parties don't happen at other places. Your more quiet ones are places like Westhill Hall, Exchange Works, Beton House and Central Quay. Beton House and Central Quay are more outside the centre than the others so by default no one ever travels up there to go to parties. I'm sure pres and things do go on at those accommodations but mixed parties don't often happen. In first year I lived at Beton House and barely anything went on and it always felt quite quiet. I now live at the Gate and there's a fair few pres and stuff going on. I've also found it easy to make friends with my neighbours. I still often hear about parties going on at the Elements and some sports societies pres go on at LIV student however LIV doesn't have the same party reputation it had a year ago and people I've spoken to who live there have said it's not as social as it used to be.

So yeah for a rundown your party/social accommodations are:

The Elements

The Forge

The Gate

LIV Student (ish)

The more quiet ones are:

Beton House

Central Quay

Westhill Hall

Charlotte Court

The Anvil

Brittain Street