The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam University Vs The University of Sheffield for adult nursing ?

Sheffield Hallam University Vs The University of Sheffield for adult nursing? Which is better, does anyone have any opinions and advice on which you would choose?
Original post by SarNar
Sheffield Hallam University Vs The University of Sheffield for adult nursing? Which is better, does anyone have any opinions and advice on which you would choose?

Hi @SarNar ,

I don't study nursing myself so I can't give you specific course advice, however if you want to you can chat to a current student here: https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/student-chat
You may be able to be put into contact with a student currently studying a nursing course or similar who can give you more advice and answer questions that you have about what the course is like, placements, exams etc. Or you can just chat to them about life at Hallam in general! :smile:

My advice would be to go to the applicant open days if you can as this will give you a chance to speak to look around and get more information about the course and even potentially speak to people who may be teaching it, as well as meeting other applicants and looking at the campus and accommodation if you haven't already. This is the link for the Hallam applicant open day: https://www.shu.ac.uk/visit-us/undergraduate-applicant-open-days

I am having a great time at Hallam, all of the teachers are very supportive and there for you if you need anything. You also get three different personal tutors assigned to you who are there to answer questions you might have and I have found my academic advisor to be particularly helpful when I have needed some help with work. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. We also have lots of societies which are great and have fun socials too!

Sheffield is a great place to live and I am really enjoying it here, there are lots of places to go out, to go out for food, shopping etc and it's very close to the Peak District so which ever uni you choose you will have a great time!

I hope this helps,
Lucy -SHU student ambassador.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending