The Student Room Group

Bpd? Adhd?

i have so many thoughts racing 24/7, a lot of them negative that I don't know what to believe as the truth anymore. my mind is never quiet, I think and speak very quickly. a lot of the time when people tell me things I often think they're trying to hurt me when they arent.
my negative thoughts include being convinced that people are laughing and judging how I look, not wanting to be my friend, laughing that I'm still single and thinking of me as less than. i have very low self esteem issues that revolve around body image and friendships with others. I'm embarrassed about being single for 3 years and starting to think something is wrong as I cant make someone stay or commit.
i am often irritable especially around family and i get extremely angry, id say I have a high threshold but when I get angry I cant control it or stop myself, everything I do and think is at 1000mph and I often do and say things I regret like sabotaging friendships. i feel guilty and ashamed that I am like this and try to remind myself that this doesn't make me a bad person but I feel so guilty for acting like this. i think I come across as quite immature as I am finding it extremely difficult to control my emotions.

i view my female friends as competition and compare my body to theirs. my self esteem is very low and I have a hard time trying to tell myself that I am not unattractive. this insecurity holds me back to the point where ill avoid water parks or beach holidays with friends because im convinced everyone is laughing and judging my appearance. i find it very easy to be convinced by my strong negative thoughts. i think this is what drives men away but its difficult because im always worried that they'll find someone else more attractive.

my emotions are so strong i get very overwhelmed by them. I do think there are some judgemental friends in my life so i try not to let their opinions bother me but i have the general attitude that people are against me or out to get me and i must be aware of what they do or say.
Original post by mermaid019754
i have so many thoughts racing 24/7, a lot of them negative that I don't know what to believe as the truth anymore. my mind is never quiet, I think and speak very quickly. a lot of the time when people tell me things I often think they're trying to hurt me when they arent.
my negative thoughts include being convinced that people are laughing and judging how I look, not wanting to be my friend, laughing that I'm still single and thinking of me as less than. i have very low self esteem issues that revolve around body image and friendships with others. I'm embarrassed about being single for 3 years and starting to think something is wrong as I cant make someone stay or commit.
i am often irritable especially around family and i get extremely angry, id say I have a high threshold but when I get angry I cant control it or stop myself, everything I do and think is at 1000mph and I often do and say things I regret like sabotaging friendships. i feel guilty and ashamed that I am like this and try to remind myself that this doesn't make me a bad person but I feel so guilty for acting like this. i think I come across as quite immature as I am finding it extremely difficult to control my emotions.

i view my female friends as competition and compare my body to theirs. my self esteem is very low and I have a hard time trying to tell myself that I am not unattractive. this insecurity holds me back to the point where ill avoid water parks or beach holidays with friends because im convinced everyone is laughing and judging my appearance. i find it very easy to be convinced by my strong negative thoughts. i think this is what drives men away but its difficult because im always worried that they'll find someone else more attractive.

my emotions are so strong i get very overwhelmed by them. I do think there are some judgemental friends in my life so i try not to let their opinions bother me but i have the general attitude that people are against me or out to get me and i must be aware of what they do or say.

Possibly ADHD, but also quite likely an anxiety disorder of some kind. Try not to be too hard on yourself, write down any thoughts or feelings if you can and make an appointment to see your GP , take someone you trust with you if you like. There is support available but the hardest part is knowing where to find it. X 🍀
Reply 2
Original post by mermaid019754

It sounds like low self-esteem and anxiety are causing you a lot of distress at the moment, which must be tough! The way you are feeling is not uncommon, and many people struggle with feeling bad about themselves or worrying about the judgements of others - I know I do sometimes! There are ways you can help yourself, though. Have you considered speaking to your GP about how you're feeling and possibly getting some support through talking therapy? This can be very helpful for the type of problem you are experiencing.

There are self-help resources available online, too, such as here: https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/esteem-self-help-for-low-self-esteem/. Or, if you prefer a book, this one is great.

Quick Reply

Latest