The Student Room Group

Reapplying -Nursing / Student Finance Wales/NHS bursary

Hello,
I was hoping for some help/guidance re tuition fees for University and CPR.
I started university in 2018 but I was withdrawn from the course due to finding difficulty adapting to university life and moving away from home. I took a year out and reapplyed to study Nursing at Cardiff University in 2019.
I worked hard during that year, but failed by 3% in submitting my portfolio. I was permitted to enter the 2nd year only if I sucessfully resubmitted my portfolio within 12 weeks.
I had mistakenly written down my submission date inaccurately, and I was unable to resubmit my portfolio and was subsequently withdrawn from the course in the November of year 2 in 2019.
Since then I have revauled my failures and what lead to being unsuccessful in university. I have been diagnosed with ADHD and although not an excuse, has provided a reason as to why I had struggled with university, organisational skills and time managment. I have worked hard to rectify these issues, and I have since reapplyed to Nursing at a different University within Wales.
My question is how will my previous study affect my entitlement to funding? I had chose to use the NHS bursary for Nursing and student finance for the first year of my intial degree.
I am able to provide medical evidence and pyschiatric report to support my CPR if that is possible. Nursing is what I am passionate about doing and I fully believe that I am now in a place where I am able to be successful at Univeristy.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending