The Student Room Group

SFE Application for Midwifery in Wales

I have had a conditional offer for Midwifery at South Wales. I currently have a degree in Early Childhood Studies. As it is an exception course I want to apply the student finance route for both tuition and maintenance loan, however it’s not letting me and is saying the NHS is going to fund it. For Welsh resident students if it is their second degree they have to choose the NHS bursary scheme as the Welsh government only offer one Student Finance. What does this mean for me, as I’m from England and I’ve been told I am able to go the student finance route.
I have received a conditional offer for South Wales University. I have a degree in childcare. I’m struggling with my student finance application. What I know is the NHS Bursary pays the tuition fees for Welsh domicile students if it is their second degree as they can’t access a second student finance even if it’s an exception course. What does this mean for an English student who will move to Wales. In England midwifery is an exception course does that mean I am able to apply for a second student finance. For me the best option is student finance but the online application is not letting me and is saying it will be payed by the NHS. Do I have to apply for PN1 student finance application instead.
Original post by Zahraa Abid
I have had a conditional offer for Midwifery at South Wales. I currently have a degree in Early Childhood Studies. As it is an exception course I want to apply the student finance route for both tuition and maintenance loan, however it’s not letting me and is saying the NHS is going to fund it. For Welsh resident students if it is their second degree they have to choose the NHS bursary scheme as the Welsh government only offer one Student Finance. What does this mean for me, as I’m from England and I’ve been told I am able to go the student finance route.

Hi Zahraa,

Just to confirm are you living in England outside of your term dates or have you moved permanently to Wales prior to the start of your course? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Zahraa,
Just to confirm are you living in England outside of your term dates or have you moved permanently to Wales prior to the start of your course? Thanks, Jason

Hi, I currently live in England. I will be moving to Wales just for the course.
Original post by Zahraa Abid
Hi, I currently live in England. I will be moving to Wales just for the course.

Thanks. If you are not receiving the bursary you must speak with the Welsh NHS bursary service who will send you an email with a unique reference number, which will confirm you won't be in receipt of the NHS bursary. Once you have received this email you must forward this to [email protected]. Once we receive this, your application will be reassessed to award them the full SFE funding package. Please be aware we are unable to take the unique reference number over the phone. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending