The Student Room Group

Bursery or student finance

Please can someone help? I've accepted a conditional offer for a nursing degree in Wales, just a little worried that I won't get the grades needed, should I apply for the nhs bursery or student finance incase I have to take a different course? Thanks 😊
If you are moving out then defo take both. I suggest only taking the student finance if its really necessary like for example moving out or if you life far away from uni, because unlike the nhs bursary you would need to pay it back. Wait for results day to apply for NHS Bursary, because if you do change course it would be just a waste of time. You can apply for the NHS bursary once you get into the course ( i applied 2 months after i started nursing so dw.)

goodluck
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Kelly-CityUoL
If you are moving out then defo take both. I suggest only taking the student finance if its really necessary like for example moving out or if you life far away from uni, because unlike the nhs bursary you would need to pay it back. Wait for results day to apply for NHS Bursary, because if you do change course it would be just a waste of time. You can apply for the NHS bursary once you get into the course ( i applied 2 months after i started nursing so dw.)

goodluck

Thank you, could I still apply for finance then if I have to do another non nhs degree?
Yes the student finance is for all university degrees, so if you switch course they will still provide you with the maintenance loan. If you take the NHS bursary and switch to a non healthcare course they will just simply stop giving you money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending