The Student Room Group

How long should I wait after a final job interview?

So at the beginning of Feb I found my dream job on Indeed. I know you shouldn’t get attached to a job but I love the sound of this one. I meet all the qualifications and experience and it’s a personal hobby of mine, so I’d genuinely enjoy doing it everyday.

After sending off my application, I received a response inviting me for an interview the next week. Since then, I’ve had a trial round to see how well I can perform the duties, and then two more interviews. The last one was labelled as the final interview and gave me a chance to meet some of the team, which makes me think the options have really been narrowed down at this point!

The whole process from start to finish has been really slow. They’re a small team with no HR, so they’re having to handle recruitment on top of their day to day job tasks. After each round, it’s taken around 8 days to hear back.

It’s now been 9 days since my final interview and I’ve heard nothing back! I naively thought that this would be the quickest round, since there are less people left to get through. My question is, how long should I wait before getting back to them? Is the final round the slowest or the quickest? I’m not sure whether to give up hope at this point
Original post by Amb28
So at the beginning of Feb I found my dream job on Indeed. I know you shouldn’t get attached to a job but I love the sound of this one. I meet all the qualifications and experience and it’s a personal hobby of mine, so I’d genuinely enjoy doing it everyday.

After sending off my application, I received a response inviting me for an interview the next week. Since then, I’ve had a trial round to see how well I can perform the duties, and then two more interviews. The last one was labelled as the final interview and gave me a chance to meet some of the team, which makes me think the options have really been narrowed down at this point!

The whole process from start to finish has been really slow. They’re a small team with no HR, so they’re having to handle recruitment on top of their day to day job tasks. After each round, it’s taken around 8 days to hear back.

It’s now been 9 days since my final interview and I’ve heard nothing back! I naively thought that this would be the quickest round, since there are less people left to get through. My question is, how long should I wait before getting back to them? Is the final round the slowest or the quickest? I’m not sure whether to give up hope at this point

Have you got a point of contact for the vacancy?

I don’t see anything wrong with giving them a quick call or email to see if there’s any update?
Original post by Amb28

There is never a harm in getting in touch to find out what's happening to be fair!!
If anything it'll show them you're eager to actually join and start
Reply 3
Thanks guys! I guess I was scared of looking too needy. I sent a follow up yesterday afternoon, fingers crossed 🤞
Original post by Amb28
Thanks guys! I guess I was scared of looking too needy. I sent a follow up yesterday afternoon, fingers crossed 🤞

Did they get back to you ?
Take it you didn’t get the job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending