The Student Room Group

DWP EO Work Coach West Midlands June and July 2023

Had my interview on Monday, did ok on 4/6 questions, had to blag the other 2. Nervously awaiting the results from what I’ve read could be a while. Anyone else had an interview for this campaign?
(edited 9 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi ! How was the pre-recorded interview? Can you access the question and take note of answer before recording yourself at all?
Reply 2
Original post by k.menes
Hi ! How was the pre-recorded interview? Can you access the question and take note of answer before recording yourself at all?

You have 1 minute to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the question,
Reply 3
Hi, I did my recorded interview last week. Not sure how I did (much prefer face to face) just have to wait and see now. Fingers crossed it won’t be too long 🤞
Good luck to everyone 🍀
Original post by Kamdam
You have 1 minute to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the question,

so you get 3mins each for behaviour based questions and 3mins each for strengths based? would there be follow up questions on screen at the same time while you are recording your answers?
Reply 5
Original post by andilawahidpk
so you get 3mins each for behaviour based questions and 3mins each for strengths based? would there be follow up questions on screen at the same time while you are recording your answers?

No follow up questions, it’s pre recorded.
Reply 6
Original post by Kamdam
Had my interview on Monday, did ok on 4/6 questions, had to blag the other 2. Nervously awaiting the results from what I’ve read could be a while. Anyone else had an interview for this campaign?

I had an interview for the Derbyshire post. I did it on Sunday and it was horrific. I don't have a cat in hell's chance of getting through 😪
Reply 7
Aww I’m sure it wasn’t, put it down to gaining experience though. And if you don’t get an offer this time you’ll know more for next time x
Reply 8
Original post by Matilda48
Aww I’m sure it wasn’t, put it down to gaining experience though. And if you don’t get an offer this time you’ll know more for next time x

How very strange though, I have just received an email inviting me for an interview for the the Nottinghamshire post I also applied for. At least I know what to expect this time lol x
Reply 9
Fabulous, loads of luck 🍀 x
Fabulous, loads of luck 🍀 x

I recorded my interview this morning. It went well and quick. I already have secured EO roles with Homeoffice and HMRC that why I was relaxed, I guess. However, Work Coach role will be in my town at only 10min walk. But there is probably no hybrid working arrangement for this role.
Reply 11
Has anyone heard anything back from the interviews either way? Or do they release all the results out together??
Reply 12
I haven’t heard anything yet, keeping fingers crossed 🤞
Reply 13
Would you be able to give an example of the sort of questions they asked you?
Original post by andilawahidpk
I recorded my interview this morning. It went well and quick. I already have secured EO roles with Homeoffice and HMRC that why I was relaxed, I guess. However, Work Coach role will be in my town at only 10min walk. But there is probably no hybrid working arrangement for this role.

Well done. I have applied for an EO Work Coach role as well
What kind of questions were you asked? Do you have any tips?
Reply 15
Hi, the questions where mainly asking how you had responded at a particular time. Such as how you managed conflicting work demands. There are 6 questions. I had a note of particular instances during work that I felt I had worked particularly well through some different situations then used these examples. I hope this helps x
Mine now says I will be notified of the outcome soon, has anyone has either an offer or rejection yet? I’m so impatient 😫

Original post by verifiedgrace
Well done. I have applied for an EO Work Coach role as well
What kind of questions were you asked? Do you have any tips?
Hi, the questions where mainly asking how you had responded at a particular time. Such as how you managed conflicting work demands. There are 6 questions. I had a note of particular instances during work that I felt I had worked particularly well through some different situations then used these examples. I hope this helps x
Mine now says I will be notified of the outcome soon, has anyone has either an offer or rejection yet? I’m so impatient 😫

it does help, thank you! I am sure you did good.
Reply 17
The wait is killing me 🙈 I guess it will be another few weeks till we hear!
Reply 18
Original post by DO BJ
The wait is killing me 🙈 I guess it will be another few weeks till we hear!

From what I read on other posts, it’s like a 4 and half/5 week wait until they let you know of the outcome. It’s been around 3 weeks for me now.
Reply 19
Original post by Kamdam
From what I read on other posts, it’s like a 4 and half/5 week wait until they let you know of the outcome. It’s been around 3 weeks for me now.

Some people have found out in only 2 weeks, I expect it differs from post to post.

I currently work for the DWP and the whole process took almost 5 months!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending