The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

stuck between universities

I have offers from both UCL (Italian and film) and City (English) and I am not sure what to pick. The main reason I am tied is because I prefer the course at City and I'm a bit hesitant to do a language after not having done any since GCSE's. However, I know that UCL is a great university and wouldn't want to waste the opportunity. I'm just honestly quite conflicted so if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Hi,

In my personal opinion, I would go with UCL over City university just purely based on academic reasons.
The reason for this is because UCL is just a much better university overall than City. Better quality of education, better social life, better career prospects and better location than City (imo).
Also in terms of reputation aswell, UCL has a much better reputation than City.
But this is all my personal opinion so don't let my opinion be the deciding factor to which university you go to.

Best of luck with university :smile:.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Isa_04
Hi,

In my personal opinion, I would go with UCL over City university just purely based on academic reasons.
The reason for this is because UCL is just a much better university overall than City. Better quality of education, better social life, better career prospects and better location than City (imo).
Also in terms of reputation aswell, UCL has a much better reputation than City.
But this is all my personal opinion so don't let my opinion be the deciding factor to which university you go to.

Best of luck with university :smile:.

Thank you so much! I definitely prefer UCL as a university but I’m just not 100% on the course. I looked at transferring but I don’t have the grades for the other course. I’d love to go to UCL but idk about doing a 4 year degree tbh. There’s definitely much to think about haha.
Hey! so this is coming from someone who goes to UCL and switched course in the first few weeks. UCL is an incredibly uni with a great reputation. if you don't feel great about your course, it's super easy to switch around and do something else. Obviously it depends on your A-levels and qualifications but if theres room in other programs you're interested in once you get here it's not too much of a task to get it changed, besides chasing down the proper people to get approval. The language departments at UCL are also very very good. Best of luck!
Reply 4
Original post by blumango
Hey! so this is coming from someone who goes to UCL and switched course in the first few weeks. UCL is an incredibly uni with a great reputation. if you don't feel great about your course, it's super easy to switch around and do something else. Obviously it depends on your A-levels and qualifications but if theres room in other programs you're interested in once you get here it's not too much of a task to get it changed, besides chasing down the proper people to get approval. The language departments at UCL are also very very good. Best of luck!

This is really helpful thank you! Did you switch between departments or just within the department as your other course? Just cause I heard it’s quite hard to do. Also if you’re in accommodation, how do you find it? I’m kinda scared at the fact the rooms are like randomly allocated haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending