The Student Room Group

Biochem or Biomed

Hi guys I’m currently in Y12 studying Bio,chem and geo and I’m stuck between Biomed/Biochem degree to do at uni. I don’t know which one to pick/which one is better but in the future I do want to work in a hospital so idk which degree to choose. At the moment I really love chemistry so I might do Biochem but I’m still unsure. Any help would be lovely. :smile:
neither
Reply 2
Original post by aneer3wq3wt
neither

??
if u wanna work in hospital. med or nursing?
biochem biomed u work in lab mainly
Reply 5
Original post by ismaelishere
if u wanna work in hospital. med or nursing?

No not that part of the hospital like the lab part of the hospital
This is exactly what Going to Open Days helps you sort out - the detailed subject presentations will explain what each subject includes and involves. Sign up for 2 or 3 at each Uni, and you will start to sort this stuff out in your head and work out what actually interests you.

Have look at these degrees from Bristol scroll - down the page - a wide variety of options : Undergraduate | School of Cellular and Molecular Medicine | University of Bristol
Also look at degrees like Pharmacy. Pharmacology - Choosing between Pharmacy and Pharmacology (bath.ac.uk)
Or more conventional Biosciences - Biosciences - Lancaster University or Undergraduate courses in Life Sciences : Studying in Life Sciences : School of Life Sciences : University of Sussex
Original post by Peaslover
Hi guys I’m currently in Y12 studying Bio,chem and geo and I’m stuck between Biomed/Biochem degree to do at uni. I don’t know which one to pick/which one is better but in the future I do want to work in a hospital so idk which degree to choose. At the moment I really love chemistry so I might do Biochem but I’m still unsure. Any help would be lovely. :smile:
Hi @Peaslover,
I'd recommend looking at the difference in module choices you can take under each of the degrees and the possible career options you can take. I've attached Lancaster's pages below, which should provide an insight in the differences between the 2 courses and the career options.
Biochemistry - Biochemistry BSc Hons (C700) - Lancaster University
Biomed - Biomedicine BSc Hons (C701) - Lancaster University
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending