The Student Room Group

SEO Policy Advisor at BEIS

Hi,

I have just passed an interview for the SEO Policy Advisor role at the Department of Business Energy Industry (BEIS) and currently going through security checks. I expect to receive a formal offer once the checks are complete. I just want to find out more about the working conditions from any insider who is currently working as a Policy Advisor in BEIS or in the wider Civil service. Please feel free to share your experience about working in Policy roles, about the culture of interacting with senior managers specially ministers etc. Do SEOs regularly interact with senior people like ministers, Permanent Secretaries, Directors etc? I am currently an HEO at DWP in an Operational Delivery role and do not have much Policy experience although was always interested about Policy. How different the change will be for me to transition into a Policy role? Also what about the prospect of long term career development and promotion? I want to move up quickly and will start applying for G7 Policy positions after 6-12 months. Is it over ambitious? Any insights and advise welcome.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending