The Student Room Group

Failed a resit in second year at BCU

I have failed an exam resit (did the original exam back in January and did it again in July), and I’m worried now as I am scared of what’s going to happen next. I don’t really know what the retake policy is and the whole withdrawal process but I am stressed out because I don’t want to get kicked off my course just for failing one stupid exam
Original post by Anonymous
I have failed an exam resit (did the original exam back in January and did it again in July), and I’m worried now as I am scared of what’s going to happen next. I don’t really know what the retake policy is and the whole withdrawal process but I am stressed out because I don’t want to get kicked off my course just for failing one stupid exam

Hey!
I am sorry to hear that you're feeling this way.
Usually universities have a condonation policy where if you fail a module by a few percentage off, they don't count it.
It varies briefly depending on the university, but for example you are allowed up to 3 condoned modules at Lancaster University during your second and third year. Passing grade is 40% but for example you end with an average of 37% then they will exclude that module and allow you to continue your studies to next year / graduation.
I would suggest you get in touch with your academic advisor in this situation and see if they can assist in contacting the board of academics.

I hope this helps and best of luck, I hope things work out well for you :smile:
Vyomika (LU Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending