The Student Room Group

I quit my degree in 2017 because of a headache disorder, now unis won't accept me

I had already posted here how even though my A-Level grades are A*A*A, universities are simply rejecting my applications.
Recently I had been in contact with the admissions team at Queen Mary, and they informed me they had to reject my application simply because I had already done over a semester of the same degree (biomedical engineering) at a different university, and it's against their policy to offer a place for such people.

I didn't even know unis had this policy, but now all I can ask is what do I do (what could I have done?).
I dropped out of Imperial (where I studied from 2016-17) because I developed a neurological issue which I have found treatment for. That doesn't sound like commitment towards equality and inclusion.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
I thought you coukd swap courses in the first year and I assumed that also meant transferring to the same course at a different uni
Reply 2
So much for diversity, equality and inclusion.
Reply 3
Instead of just applying, speak to some admissions advisors first and apprise them of the circumstances. Policy is one thin, but once they know circumstances they can bypass that sort of stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending