The Student Room Group

resit assignment failed

Ive failed a resit assignment getting 28/100 when it should be 40/100 does anyone know what will happen? will they let me go on to second year while resitting them modules?
Hi there,

The rules do tend to differ between different Universities, as a result I would consult your School/Department guide, and also contact the Student Services for your department as they will be able to provide you with the advice you need.

I hope this is useful and best of luck in your studies :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 2
Great, will see once I get my actual results on 15th
Original post by Anonymous
Ive failed a resit assignment getting 28/100 when it should be 40/100 does anyone know what will happen? will they let me go on to second year while resitting them modules?

The outcome of failing a resit assignment and the specific academic policies at your university can vary depending on the institution and the program you're enrolled in. Here are some general guidelines on what might happen and what you should do:

Academic Consequences: Failing a resit assignment typically means that you did not meet the minimum passing grade for that assignment. The consequences for this can vary based on your university's regulations.

Module Retakes: In many cases, when students fail individual assignments or modules, they are allowed to retake those assignments or modules to improve their grades. However, the specific rules for retakes, including when and how they can be retaken, can differ from one university to another.

Progression to Second Year: Whether you are allowed to progress to the second year despite failing a resit assignment may depend on your university's policies and the overall requirements of your program. Some programs may have strict progression requirements, while others may be more flexible.

Academic Adviser or Faculty Advisor: It's important to reach out to your academic adviser or faculty advisor as soon as possible. They can provide guidance specific to your situation and help you understand the implications of failing the resit assignment in the context of your program.

University Policies: Review your university's academic regulations and policies, which are typically available on the university website or in the student handbook. These documents should outline the procedures for resits, retakes, and progression requirements.

Appeal Process: If you believe there were extenuating circumstances that affected your performance on the resit assignment, you may have the option to appeal the grade or request special consideration. Check with your university's appeals or academic misconduct procedures for more information.

Support Services: Universities often offer support services such as academic tutoring, counseling, or study skills workshops. If you're struggling academically, consider utilizing these resources to help improve your performance in future assignments and modules.

Remember that academic regulations and policies can vary widely between institutions, so it's crucial to consult with your university's academic advisors or relevant department to get accurate information and guidance tailored to your specific situation. They will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date and relevant information regarding your academic progress and options for retaking the failed assignment or module.
Hi, May I ask what uni you are in? I am also in a similar situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending