The Student Room Group

A-level English Lit - The Tempest Part A and B

Hi guys, my a-levels are around the corner and I'm still unsure about The Tempest questions.

I have no idea how to revise any of the questions or have revision material planned, can anyone give tips or their revision material?

Thanks a lot :smile:
heyy im in yr12 but i think i have some advice to impart lol

-research critics quotes (u can use sites like jstor for this)
-look up theems for each character and then find quotes for each theme (for example the themes surronding prospero are colonialism revenge status power etc)]
-PRACTICE WRITING ESSAYS (do this after the other steps ) then submit them to your teacher to get feedback
-get context for your texts (like what was going on during the period and how this influenced the text and the characters in the text.
Also heres a document for the tempes that has loads of quotes themes and critics so if you wanna use it then go ahead!
Reply 2
Original post by nikkiblonsky
heyy im in yr12 but i think i have some advice to impart lol

-research critics quotes (u can use sites like jstor for this)
-look up theems for each character and then find quotes for each theme (for example the themes surronding prospero are colonialism revenge status power etc)]
-PRACTICE WRITING ESSAYS (do this after the other steps ) then submit them to your teacher to get feedback
-get context for your texts (like what was going on during the period and how this influenced the text and the characters in the text.
Also heres a document for the tempes that has loads of quotes themes and critics so if you wanna use it then go ahead!

omg, thanks so much!!!!
Reply 3
Original post by riz_a2005
Hi guys, my a-levels are around the corner and I'm still unsure about The Tempest questions.

I have no idea how to revise any of the questions or have revision material planned, can anyone give tips or their revision material?

Thanks a lot :smile:

hey, im having the very same thoughts and this a level is getting so close now!! have you found any better way to revise? im kind of doing some finger crossing for this question and only going to go over themes/people who havent appeared before (and... i dont have the time now to actually cover ever theme lol). the tempest is so horrid and fingers crossed for us all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending