The Student Room Group

OCR A Level English Literature Drama and poetry pre-1900 H472/01 - 7 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Poll

How did the OCR A Level English Literature Paper 1 exam go for you?

OCR A Level English Literature Drama and poetry pre-1900 H472/01 - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 7th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi ! I'm doing OCR English Lit A Level and studying:
Hamlet
Paradise Lost (Books 9 & 10)
Duchess of Malfi
Grapes of Wrath
Great Gatsby
and doing poetry coursework on Seamus Heaney's 'Punishment' and comparative coursework on Remains of the Day and August: Osage County

Would love some help with it so let me know who's doing the same/some of the books too ! x
Original post by filmenglishbiz
Hi ! I'm doing OCR English Lit A Level and studying:
Hamlet
Paradise Lost (Books 9 & 10)
Duchess of Malfi
Grapes of Wrath
Great Gatsby
and doing poetry coursework on Seamus Heaney's 'Punishment' and comparative coursework on Remains of the Day and August: Osage County

Would love some help with it so let me know who's doing the same/some of the books too ! x

Oo we do a few of the same! I also do Hamlet, Paradise Lost, The Grapes of Wrath and The Great Gatsby :smile:
i'm doing hamlet(question one), duchess of malfi and christina rossetti(question two)
I'm doing Hamlet as well for the first section and then comparing She Stoops to Conquer and The Merchant's Tale for the second section
Reply 5
hey would love some exam style questions for Rossetti and a Dolls house comparison, I also study The Tempest
kinda terrified the exam paper will be as bad as the November 2020 paper
Has anyone got any predictions for Hamlet Part A? I reckon it’ll be one of the bits with the Ghost
Original post by hamlethoratio
Has anyone got any predictions for Hamlet Part A? I reckon it’ll be one of the bits with the Ghost

It probably is gonna be on the ghost of maybe some point in Act 1 Scene 2. No clue what it could be though
Original post by diya277
It probably is gonna be on the ghost of maybe some point in Act 1 Scene 2. No clue what it could be though

I hope they do Hamlet's first soliloquy if it's act 1, scene 2, that would probably be too nice a question though.

if they want to be mean, act 1 scene 1 would be quite bad haha
Reply 9
I hope they do Hamlet's first soliloquy if it's act 1, scene 2, that would probably be too nice a question though.

if they want to be mean, act 1 scene 1 would be quite bad haha

The soliloquy would be too nice so I don't think they would :frown:
But then again we are the covid year so who knows...
Act 1 scene 4 would ve bad too
If they do the ghost they better do something from scene 5
Original post by ChunLi
The soliloquy would be too nice so I don't think they would :frown:
But then again we are the covid year so who knows...
Act 1 scene 4 would ve bad too
If they do the ghost they better do something from scene 5

Act 1 Scene 4 would be a right old menace
Reply 11
How to revise for great gatsby and grapes of wrath? im struggling :frown: Also Hamlet part b what are your predictions? i reckon maybe the state of denmark
Original post by mkool1
How to revise for great gatsby and grapes of wrath? im struggling :frown: Also Hamlet part b what are your predictions? i reckon maybe the state of denmark

There’s a paper 2 chat for ocr a level english lit as well btw so there could be more info there :smile: I would just focus heavily on context for Gatsby and grapes as that’s the dominant AO and ofc know your texts as well as you can.

Hamlet Part B could be state of Denmark maybe! I’m thinking maybe something about the ghost betraying hamlet (by giving him this mission), or just the supernatural in general or family and revenge.
There’s a paper 2 chat for ocr a level english lit as well btw so there could be more info there :smile: I would just focus heavily on context for Gatsby and grapes as that’s the dominant AO and ofc know your texts as well as you can.

Hamlet Part B could be state of Denmark maybe! I’m thinking maybe something about the ghost betraying hamlet (by giving him this mission), or just the supernatural in general or family and revenge.

Hopefully Hamlet part b is on revenge - I personally think that's the best one to argue for and against.

Also, do you have a link to the paper 2 chat by any chance?
Original post by diya277
Hopefully Hamlet part b is on revenge - I personally think that's the best one to argue for and against.

Also, do you have a link to the paper 2 chat by any chance?

I don't mind too much as long as it is a loose theme that's easy to talk about haha, but revenge would be good! A character-specific question might be a bit hard though.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7186316&p=97129297#post97129297
Reply 15

THANKYOUUU! Ocr grade boundaries are horrendous
I don't mind too much as long as it is a loose theme that's easy to talk about haha, but revenge would be good! A character-specific question might be a bit hard though.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7186316&p=97129297#post97129297

Oh I hope it's not character specific, especially as we don't have an option to choose a theme for that question
does anyone do Shakespeare twelfth night and then the comparison between duchess of malfi and the merchants tale??

also can I just say how much the grade boundaries demotivate me omg..
Original post by behxshtaa
does anyone do Shakespeare twelfth night and then the comparison between duchess of malfi and the merchants tale??

also can I just say how much the grade boundaries demotivate me omg..

I hate the grade boundaries too, they're horrible. I was figuring out how much I can get since I know my coursework marks and I know I won't get the top grades, even if I get 100% in both papers
do you by any chance know the grade boundaries for the coursework mark? because I got my mark back too which was combined and im not sure what grade it would be
Original post by diya277
I hate the grade boundaries too, they're horrible. I was figuring out how much I can get since I know my coursework marks and I know I won't get the top grades, even if I get 100% in both papers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending