OCR A Level English Literature Drama and poetry pre-1900 H472/01 - 7 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the OCR A Level English Literature Paper 1 exam go for you?
Great! (20)
18.35%
Quite well (56)
51.38%
Not so good (22)
20.18%
Terrible! (11)
10.09%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

OCR A Level English Literature Drama and poetry pre-1900 H472/01 - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 7th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
filmenglishbiz
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Hi ! I'm doing OCR English Lit A Level and studying:
Hamlet
Paradise Lost (Books 9 & 10)
Duchess of Malfi
Grapes of Wrath
Great Gatsby
and doing poetry coursework on Seamus Heaney's 'Punishment' and comparative coursework on Remains of the Day and August: Osage County

Would love some help with it so let me know who's doing the same/some of the books too ! x
hamlethoratio
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by filmenglishbiz)
Hi ! I'm doing OCR English Lit A Level and studying:
Hamlet
Paradise Lost (Books 9 & 10)
Duchess of Malfi
Grapes of Wrath
Great Gatsby
and doing poetry coursework on Seamus Heaney's 'Punishment' and comparative coursework on Remains of the Day and August: Osage County

Would love some help with it so let me know who's doing the same/some of the books too ! x
Oo we do a few of the same! I also do Hamlet, Paradise Lost, The Grapes of Wrath and The Great Gatsby
fathiyasx
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i'm doing hamlet(question one), duchess of malfi and christina rossetti(question two)
diya277
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm doing Hamlet as well for the first section and then comparing She Stoops to Conquer and The Merchant's Tale for the second section
lahmed
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hey would love some exam style questions for Rossetti and a Dolls house comparison, I also study The Tempest
kinda terrified the exam paper will be as bad as the November 2020 paper
hamlethoratio
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone got any predictions for Hamlet Part A? I reckon it’ll be one of the bits with the Ghost
diya277
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hamlethoratio)
Has anyone got any predictions for Hamlet Part A? I reckon it’ll be one of the bits with the Ghost
It probably is gonna be on the ghost of maybe some point in Act 1 Scene 2. No clue what it could be though
hamlethoratio
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by diya277)
It probably is gonna be on the ghost of maybe some point in Act 1 Scene 2. No clue what it could be though
I hope they do Hamlet's first soliloquy if it's act 1, scene 2, that would probably be too nice a question though.

if they want to be mean, act 1 scene 1 would be quite bad haha
ChunLi
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I hope they do Hamlet's first soliloquy if it's act 1, scene 2, that would probably be too nice a question though.

if they want to be mean, act 1 scene 1 would be quite bad haha
The soliloquy would be too nice so I don't think they would
But then again we are the covid year so who knows...
Act 1 scene 4 would ve bad too
If they do the ghost they better do something from scene 5
diya277
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ChunLi)
The soliloquy would be too nice so I don't think they would
But then again we are the covid year so who knows...
Act 1 scene 4 would ve bad too
If they do the ghost they better do something from scene 5
Act 1 Scene 4 would be a right old menace
mkool1
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How to revise for great gatsby and grapes of wrath? im struggling Also Hamlet part b what are your predictions? i reckon maybe the state of denmark
hamlethoratio
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mkool1)
How to revise for great gatsby and grapes of wrath? im struggling Also Hamlet part b what are your predictions? i reckon maybe the state of denmark
There’s a paper 2 chat for ocr a level english lit as well btw so there could be more info there I would just focus heavily on context for Gatsby and grapes as that’s the dominant AO and ofc know your texts as well as you can.

Hamlet Part B could be state of Denmark maybe! I’m thinking maybe something about the ghost betraying hamlet (by giving him this mission), or just the supernatural in general or family and revenge.
diya277
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There’s a paper 2 chat for ocr a level english lit as well btw so there could be more info there I would just focus heavily on context for Gatsby and grapes as that’s the dominant AO and ofc know your texts as well as you can.

Hamlet Part B could be state of Denmark maybe! I’m thinking maybe something about the ghost betraying hamlet (by giving him this mission), or just the supernatural in general or family and revenge.
Hopefully Hamlet part b is on revenge - I personally think that's the best one to argue for and against.

Also, do you have a link to the paper 2 chat by any chance?
hamlethoratio
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hopefully Hamlet part b is on revenge - I personally think that's the best one to argue for and against.

Also, do you have a link to the paper 2 chat by any chance?
I don't mind too much as long as it is a loose theme that's easy to talk about haha, but revenge would be good! A character-specific question might be a bit hard though.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...7#post97129297
mkool1
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

THANKYOUUU! Ocr grade boundaries are horrendous
diya277
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't mind too much as long as it is a loose theme that's easy to talk about haha, but revenge would be good! A character-specific question might be a bit hard though.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...7#post97129297
Oh I hope it's not character specific, especially as we don't have an option to choose a theme for that question
behxshtaa
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
does anyone do Shakespeare twelfth night and then the comparison between duchess of malfi and the merchants tale??

also can I just say how much the grade boundaries demotivate me omg..
diya277
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by behxshtaa)
does anyone do Shakespeare twelfth night and then the comparison between duchess of malfi and the merchants tale??

also can I just say how much the grade boundaries demotivate me omg..
I hate the grade boundaries too, they're horrible. I was figuring out how much I can get since I know my coursework marks and I know I won't get the top grades, even if I get 100% in both papers
behxshtaa
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
do you by any chance know the grade boundaries for the coursework mark? because I got my mark back too which was combined and im not sure what grade it would be
I hate the grade boundaries too, they're horrible. I was figuring out how much I can get since I know my coursework marks and I know I won't get the top grades, even if I get 100% in both papers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (7)
41.18%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
23.53%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.76%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
17.65%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads