The Student Room Group

I’ve taken 3 sick days from work in a row, AMA

Bored so made this chat thread. Amuse me with your witty banter, or just ask me anything…
How much is each sick day costing your employer if you receive sick pay and costing you if you don't?
Original post by londonmyst
How much is each sick day costing your employer if you receive sick pay and costing you if you don't?

About £200/day it’s costing them i think. Zero remorse as their profits and revenue are crazy and i took a below market rate salary to come work for them.
(edited 1 year ago)
Im jelly you get sick pay :emo:

Get well soon though :hugs: with what affliction are you currently stricken with :console:
Original post by CoolCavy

Get well soon though :hugs: with what affliction are you currently stricken with :console:

Awe thanks :hugs:

Afflicted with an onset of anxiety and depression. It rears its ugly head every now and then and currently i am going through a bad spell. :frown: Once it passes i’ll be fine again, but whilst in the phase I struggle to function normally.

Btw, i thought everyone gets sick pay? Everyone except temp and contract staff?
Reply 5
Original post by CoolCavy

Why don't you get sick pay?
Reply 6
Original post by boulderingislife
Awe thanks :hugs:

Afflicted with an onset of anxiety and depression. It rears its ugly head every now and then and currently i am going through a bad spell. :frown: Once it passes i’ll be fine again, but whilst in the phase I struggle to function normally.

Btw, i thought everyone gets sick pay? Everyone except temp and contract staff?

How long does it usually last?

Do you have treatment for it?
Hope you improve soon.
Are you the person who watches reality TV like me or have I confused you with someone.
Original post by Cote1
How long does it usually last?

Do you have treatment for it?
Hope you improve soon.
Are you the person who watches reality TV like me or have I confused you with someone.

No, nor currently but have in the past. I manage it with “mh days”. Where i just focus on me.

I watch mafs, no other reality tv.
Original post by boulderingislife
No, nor currently but have in the past. I manage it with “mh days”. Where i just focus on me.

I watch mafs, no other reality tv.

what's mafs? I watch real housewives on depression days, though I'm not yet in employment where I take sick days.
Original post by parmezanne
what's mafs? I watch real housewives on depression days, though I'm not yet in employment where I take sick days.

mafs = married at first sight. I watch the aussie one as it's the most entertaining.

Quick Reply

Latest