Is it normal school hours (9 - 4) ?
Original post by Christa16
What are the timings like for fine art?
How many days are we in?
How many hours per week?
What hours would be required to be in?
Is it normal school hours (9 - 4) ?

Hi Christa

Sol from the University of Suffolk here.

Timings will vary hugely depending on which university you go to. Some Fine Art courses may only need you to be on campus two days a week, others may need you to be present five days a week. I'd recommend contacting Universities directly to ask about what the timings would be like for their Fine Art course.

The hours will also differ hugely. Some universities may just have one lecture in the morning for example, then the rest of the day will be left to you to do your own work, others may have lectures all day long, but again this is something that will be on a case by case basis. Most Universities will let their students have access to the arts department outside of lecture times too, so outside of traditional lectures/workshops it'll be up to you to decide how much time you spend, and when that time is spent at the uni doing work.

University tends to be a bit more of a flexible experience which you can fit your social life around, but I'd recommend talking to specific universities (Perhaps requesting a chat with the course leaders themselves) to find out details!

I hope you get a place in whatever course you choose!

Kind regards
Solomon (Recent graduate from the University of Suffolk)
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending