The Student Room Group

help with changing my avatar into a gif

Hi! im trying to make this https://media.tenor.com/1uiHfCGBnZQAAAAM/akuma-street-fighter.gif
my new profile picture, but when i change it it just becomes a picture and not a gif? id appreciate if anyone would know what to do!
I dont think you can make your avatar a gif on this website
Reply 2
Original post by EllieDaysx
I dont think you can make your avatar a gif on this website

I’ve seen other people with gifs though, like @KA_P and @Talkative Toad
Original post by Faisal101
Hi! im trying to make this https://media.tenor.com/1uiHfCGBnZQAAAAM/akuma-street-fighter.gif
my new profile picture, but when i change it it just becomes a picture and not a gif? id appreciate if anyone would know what to do!

What size is that GIF?
Reply 4
Original post by Talkative Toad
What size is that GIF?

37 kb. i was looking at threads from afew years ago and they said you need to forum helper/volunteer or ex subscriber to use gifs. maybe its still like that
(edited 1 year ago)
37 kb. i was looking at threads from afew years ago and they said you need to forum helper/volunteer or ex subscriber to use gifs. maybe its still like that

Because you're not ex-Subscriber or part of the volunteer team, your GIF size needs to be reduced to 25 kB I think.

Yeah even 50 kB is too small in my opinion, my GIF size is 49 kB (trimmed), couldn't imagine having to trim that down to 25 kB. TSR ought to increase this feature and not make it so restrictive. Seen websites where you can have a GIF PFP provided that it's 10MB or less
(edited 1 year ago)

do any of these work?
Reply 7
do any of these work?

omg toad you are a legend
omg toad you are a legend

which one of them worked?
which one of them worked?

They both worked! But I chose the 21kb because although the frame rate is weird the actual quality looks better
They both worked! But I chose the 21kb because although the frame rate is weird the actual quality looks better

fair

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending