The Student Room Group

Gap year econ??!

Just received all my decisions and I'm only holding one offer for econ w/ placement at Bath. Feeling pretty bummed out after getting rejected from Cambridge (expected) UCL , Warwick and St Andrews (wasnt too keen on rhis one anyway). I'm predicted A* A* A and am wondering if I should decline the offer and reapply to UCL and Warwick with a better personal statement provided I get good grades. Would it be worth it, as I'm not too sure what to do on the gap year and I'm aware bath is a good uni in its own right.
Original post by THEPIE34
Just received all my decisions and I'm only holding one offer for econ w/ placement at Bath. Feeling pretty bummed out after getting rejected from Cambridge (expected) UCL , Warwick and St Andrews (wasnt too keen on rhis one anyway). I'm predicted A* A* A and am wondering if I should decline the offer and reapply to UCL and Warwick with a better personal statement provided I get good grades. Would it be worth it, as I'm not too sure what to do on the gap year and I'm aware bath is a good uni in its own right.

you don't have to make the decision now, I'd say firm bath and then forget about it and focus as much as you can on your exams, then come results day if you get your predicted it could be worth it to take a gap year and reapply with maybe another lesser competitive uni than st Andrews (since you didn't want to go there anyway). however if you decide against it then there's no harm. you're right in saying bath is a good uni in its own right but uni is expensive and time consuming so you should only go to one if its somewhere you really want to be otherwise you could regret it the whole 3 years (not to be scary). I hope this made sense but I definitely don't think you should decline the offer now unless you plan on using UCAS extra, and just wait for results day to (potentially) decline so you can have all summer to think about your next steps!
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice that's exactly what I just did! Gonna focus on exams and aim for 3 A*s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending