The Student Room Group

How do you study for the Unit 3 Practical Skills exam?

I am going to sit the Unit 3 Practical exam for biology and chemistry next month. Can anyone advise me on how to study for Unit 3 as i have no clue what to do other than past papers. do we memorize the procedures?
From my experience with Unit 3 both Biology and Chemistry, I'd recommend you look through the practicals, which you can find notes on them on PMT. Do a lot of past papers and just see what they're asking, I also thing you need the knowledge from unit 1 and 2, so a quick revision would be helpful. By the way I got a A on both those papers, just saying what I did.
Reply 2
Is memorising the procedures for each practical a waste of time?
Original post by Allera
From my experience with Unit 3 both Biology and Chemistry, I'd recommend you look through the practicals, which you can find notes on them on PMT. Do a lot of past papers and just see what they're asking, I also thing you need the knowledge from unit 1 and 2, so a quick revision would be helpful. By the way I got a A on both those papers, just saying what I did.
Well usually they ask at least one question where they ask to write a detailed procedure to find something, so yes you do need to know the required practicals to some extent. Its usually a 6 marker.
Reply 4
alright, thanks for the help!:smile:

Original post by Allera
Well usually they ask at least one question where they ask to write a detailed procedure to find something, so yes you do need to know the required practicals to some extent. Its usually a 6 marker.
Original post by kimpo078
alright, thanks for the help!:smile:

no probs!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest