BTEC H&S Care Unit 5: Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs Work Explained Watch

Starlight15
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago

PASS

P1: Explain the importance of promoting equality and diversity for individuals with different needs

Start by defining what equality and diversity is on page 4 to 5 using this book or this if you don't have the book. Then explain why it's important for us to promote equality and diversity for individuals with different needs (i.e. it's important to promote equality and diversity for individuals with different needs so that we can give people equal opportunities etc.)

P2: Explain the skills and personal attributes necessary for professionals who care for individuals with different needs

Use page 7 to 12 to help you with this task

P3: Explain how to incorporate ethical principles into the provision of support for individuals with different needs

For this you need to explain different ethnic principles (use page 14 to 15 for guidance) and how these principles can be applied to support individuals with different needs (i.e. the four key ethical practices of principlism which are ...... can help to.......)

P4: Explain the strategies and communication techniques used with individuals with different needs to overcome different challenges

Use page 24 to 31 for strategies and page 35 to 40 for communication techniques to help you with this task. For this you need to list down strategies AND communication techniques to help individuals with different needs overcome different challenges

P5: Explain the benefits of promoting personalisation when overcoming challenges faced by individuals with different needs

Use Page 32 to 34 to help you. (i.e. one of the benefits of promoting personalisation is that.......)

P6: Explain why meeting the needs of the individuals requires the involvement of different agencies

Use learning Aim D in the book to help you. (i.e. individuals needs differen agencies to meet thier needs because they get high quality care etc.)

P7: Explain the roles and responsibilities of different members of the multi-disciplinary team in meeting the needs of specific individuals

Use page 47 to 48 to help you (i.e. the role of the speech therapist for a child with autism is to...) make sure that you choose an example of a specific individual you would want to talk about as you would need this later on (i.e. a 11 year old child with autism)

P8: Explain the arrangements for managing information between professionals

Use page 54 to help you (i.e. professionals manage information to oher professionals by...)

MERIT

M1: Analyse the impact of preventing discrimination for individuals with different needs

For this you need to explain the importance of preventing discrimination. (i.e. It's important to prevent discimination because if we don't it can lead to individuals with different needs having a loss of confidence in themselves...) make sure you give more than one reason. Clue: page 5 for ideas

M2: Assess different methods professionals might use when building relationships and establishing trust with individuals with needs

Page 11 to 13 to help you. Talk about ways which a professional can build a relationship and trust with individuals (i.e. one way in which a professional can build a relationship is... (attachment...) one way they can build trust is (emphathy...) then explain in more detail about this

M3: Analyse how an ethical approach to providing support would benefit specific individuals with different needs

For this, do some reaersch on a ethnical approach i.e. Principlism use page 14 to 15 for ideas for an ehnical approach to use then explain how this would benefit an individual with a specific need that you have choosen to talk about (i.e. the theory Principlism can (help to support/benefit) a child with autism because...)

M4: Assess the strategies and communication techniques used to overcome different challenges faced by individuals with different care and support needs

For this, you need to explain the pros and cons for the different strategies and communication techniques that you have spoken about in P4 (i.e. BSL might be useful for deaf individuals however....)

M5: Assess the benefits of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working for specific individuals with care and support needs

TBC
Last edited by Starlight15; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (196)
67.82%
No (93)
32.18%

Watched Threads