The Student Room Group

Courses for adult nursing once already registered

Hi, I am a children's nurse who has completed my nursing degree and wants to transfer my skills and work in the adult field. It seems bizarre to undertake the whole 3 years again, do you know of any other routes/courses that could help?
pre-registration masters' courses (in any field) are only 2 years.
Other than that, or the 3 year undergrad, there isn't really a way that I know of of practicing as an adult nurse when you're child trained.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Emily_B
pre-registration masters' courses (in any field) are only 2 years.
Other than that, or the 3 year undergrad, there isn't really a way that I know of of practicing as an adult nurse when you're child trained.

second registration courses are now deprecated becasue the NMC are of the view that regardless of your original branch of study it is possible to acquirte the competencies to work in another setting.
Original post by InArduisFouette
second registration courses are now deprecated becasue the NMC are of the view that regardless of your original branch of study it is possible to acquirte the competencies to work in another setting.

Feel free to point OP in the direction of courses/competencies/jobs in the adult sector they can do as a registered children's nurse....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending