The Student Room Group

Returning to university

Hi there, I’m hoping to return to university in September as a mature student (I’m 41) and in adult nursing. However I did study a previous degree in fashion design back when I was 18 and dropped out due to mental health early in the second year. I’m worried that I’ll get no student finance to help with my nursing course but have also heard that nursing is an exception to the rule due to the course, does anyone have any similar experience and can help?
Original post by SarNar
Hi there, I’m hoping to return to university in September as a mature student (I’m 41) and in adult nursing. However I did study a previous degree in fashion design back when I was 18 and dropped out due to mental health early in the second year. I’m worried that I’ll get no student finance to help with my nursing course but have also heard that nursing is an exception to the rule due to the course, does anyone have any similar experience and can help?

Hi there,

Adult Nursing is exempt from previous study rules as long as you're not already registered in this field. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Adult Nursing is exempt from previous study rules as long as you're not already registered in this field. Thanks, Jason

Thank you Jason, I was really hoping this was the case! I was dreading having to find ways of finding the course myself!
Original post by SarNar
Thank you Jason, I was really hoping this was the case! I was dreading having to find ways of finding the course myself!

Hi there, You are more than welcome. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending