The Student Room Group

Do I have depression?

feeling restless all the time
- can’t concentrate; always on my phone, scrolling
-falling asleep on my sofa every single night (it’s worth noting that I have autoimmune illness and I am on the lowest medication for)
- feeling like the world is going to come to an end if something trivial happens - I keep having this weird problem that i am going to bankrupt and end up starving on the street without my family there to help
- Feeling completely isolated from everyone
- isolating myself from family and friends - preferring to watch tv at home. Because of low energy.
- Worrying about the death of my parents, loved ones
- Having no energy for work - always looking to skive off and do the minimal, but even that I work really hard when I can, and my colleagues do praise me and think I am great despite having a tenuous relationship with my manager
- worrying about middle age and hitting middle age even though I’m aged 34.
- getting myself into random fights with people– including falling out my family members
Original post by Anonymous
-falling asleep on my sofa every single night (it’s worth noting that I have autoimmune illness and I am on the lowest medication for)
- feeling like the world is going to come to an end if something trivial happens - I keep having this weird problem that i am going to bankrupt and end up starving on the street without my family there to help
- isolating myself from family and friends - preferring to watch tv at home. Because of low energy.
- Having no energy for work - always looking to skive off and do the minimal, but even that I work really hard when I can, and my colleagues do praise me and think I am great despite having a tenuous relationship with my manager
- getting myself into random fights with people– including falling out my family members

Speak with your GP - they would be your first point of contact in terms of a diagnosis and then potential options for treating/managing it anyway, and they might also be able to advise on the interactions with your autoimmune condition and medication for that (it might be a side effect of one or the other, and if not it might be a consideration in exactly how a diagnosis of depression might be tackled).

It may not necessarily be depression, but if it is then your GP is the first stop to taking action with that :smile:
You possibly do have depression but TSR is not the place to get medical help. Speak to your GP immediately.
Original post by Anonymous

Hey,

Sorry you are feeling like this. I can see you are getting brilliant advice from the TSR community and a visit to the GP would be a great place to start :smile:

Please do also have a look here at some useful resources from Mind on how to deal with depression
You can speak to someone at Mind here

The NHS have urgent mental health helplines are for people of all ages in England. To find a helpline suitable for you, please visit here. You can call for 24-hour advice and support for you, your child, your parent or someone you care for, help speaking to a mental health professional and an assessment to find the right care for you

The Samaritans are available 24/7 and can be contacted by calling 116 123 or emailing [email protected]. There are also apps that can help, like Smiling Minds and Headspace.

If you are in crisis and at risk of hurting yourself, or have already, please call 999 for an ambulance or go to your nearest A&E. If you’re reluctant to go to A&E, you can always call NHS 111 for their advice and guidance.

Take care and please look after yourself,

Best wishes,
TSR Support

Quick Reply

Latest