The Student Room Group

Practicals

What do you need to revise for practical questions? Do you need to learn every single practical, down to method and equipment? Or is it more general?
Original post by kou_0210
What do you need to revise for practical questions? Do you need to learn every single practical, down to method and equipment? Or is it more general?

is this for gcse or a level? im currently doing bio and chem a level and we have to know the practicals inside out really, as my exam boards ask the type of questions where we have to write out the procedures in detail. also theres no way of knowing really which practicals will come up in the exam so its safest to know all of them.
also it might vary for your exam board
Original post by kou_0210

I’d say revise practicals asap.

At both GCSE and A level, they can come up on any paper, however the extent to which they come up on the A level papers 1 and 2 does depend on the exam board (OCR usually has a lot of practical skills questions on papers 1 and 2, whereas AQA and Edexcel tend to have comparatively fewer).

I’d say it’s best to know each practical, down to method and equipment, but do remember they can ask questions about unfamiliar practicals where you have to apply skills from practicals you are familiar with.
Original post by user_5678
is this for gcse or a level? im currently doing bio and chem a level and we have to know the practicals inside out really, as my exam boards ask the type of questions where we have to write out the procedures in detail. also theres no way of knowing really which practicals will come up in the exam so its safest to know all of them.
also it might vary for your exam board

are the core practicals listed in PMT enough for a-level biology?
Original post by Saeed23
are the core practicals listed in PMT enough for a-level biology?

I use a mix of pmt and other websites such as save my exams and YouTube videos

Quick Reply

Latest