The Student Room Group

Matalan interview

I have an interview with Matalan and it’s 45 mins long. It says there’s a practical exercise and then a one to one interview. What’s the practical exercise, what sort of questions do they ask and how should I prepare??
Reply 1
Original post by malaikax123
I have an interview with Matalan and it’s 45 mins long. It says there’s a practical exercise and then a one to one interview. What’s the practical exercise, what sort of questions do they ask and how should I prepare??

Hi Malaika, I hope your interview went well. I have an interview for Matalan next week and it says in the email the exact same thing yours did, a practical exercise and a one to one so I'd appreciate it if you let me know what your interview was like and what the practical exercise was please.
Reply 2
Original post by malaikax123

Original post by priyaloc
Hi Malaika, I hope your interview went well. I have an interview for Matalan next week and it says in the email the exact same thing yours did, a practical exercise and a one to one so I'd appreciate it if you let me know what your interview was like and what the practical exercise was please.

Congratulations on both of yous getting a interview with Matalan.

What is a practical exercise in an interview.....
A practical interview is when you can test candidates on practical skills, problem-solving abilities, and how well they can perform tasks required in the role they're interviewing for. It often involves an assessment or aptitude test that allows candidates to elaborate on their skills and experience.
Or they will ask yous to do some shop floor task's.

I don't work with them as I work with a big supermarket.
Original post by priyaloc

Hi to you both

The Key to a group interview is getting involved. Candidates will be assessed against some of the following, Managers will be assessing your behaviour, your involvement and interaction with others. Leadership qualities can be identified by this method. Never let your guard down, always behave professionally in whatever part of the assessment. For the one-to-one, interview practice STAR technique and be ready to demonstrate you have the required skill.
Good luck to you both.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending