The Student Room Group

Msc Management Warwcik vs Msc Management UCL

Hi guys, I hope you are all doing well.

I just received an offer from the University of Warwick and UCL for the MSc Management programme.

This is one of the biggest dilemmas I face today since both universities are highly ranked. However, I have seen bad reviews about the programme in both schools. And now I am quite confused about which University I should choose.

I would like to ask students which university is better for studying management and is generally better known for its Business studies. I would also highly appreciate it if graduates gave some advice on it.

Also, my career goal is to work in a good management consultancy firm (Mckinsey, Bain, BCG, AT Kearney, Strategy&, etc.), Which university would you recommend me?

Thank you for your kind advice,
Haekal
(edited 1 year ago)
UCL imo
Reply 2
Original post by _omsixer_
UCL imo

Hi thank you for your answer,

can you please elaborate why UCL? because if i am not mistaken its management school is quite new and UCL is more known for its science subjects and its med school.
Original post by eggcal
Hi guys, I hope you are all doing well.

I just received an offer from the University of Warwick and UCL for the MSc Management programme.

This is one of the biggest dilemmas I face today since both universities are highly ranked. However, I have seen bad reviews about the programme in both schools. And now I am quite confused about which University I should choose.

I would like to ask students which university is better for studying management and is generally better known for its Business studies. I would also highly appreciate it if graduates gave some advice on it.

Also, my career goal is to work in a good management consultancy firm (Mckinsey, Bain, BCG, AT Kearney, Strategy&, etc.), Which university would you recommend me?

Thank you for your kind advice,
Haekal

You can have a look at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7173999
There is a similar conversation in that thread. It is short but can give you an idea. My son is also between King's MSc in Engineering with Management and UCL's Manufacturing, Innovation, and Enterprise. He also got an offer from Warwick Engineering with Business Management in January and paid for the deposit to secure the place before he had heard from King's and UCL. But he thinks the Warwick campus is isolated and prefers to stay in London. So, good luck whatever you decide :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by accountusername
You can have a look at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7173999
There is a similar conversation in that thread. It is short but can give you an idea. My son is also between King's MSc in Engineering with Management and UCL's Manufacturing, Innovation, and Enterprise. He also got an offer from Warwick Engineering with Business Management in January and paid for the deposit to secure the place before he had heard from King's and UCL. But he thinks the Warwick campus is isolated and prefers to stay in London. So, good luck whatever you decide :smile:

Hi, thank you for the link!

Best of luck to your son, I heard universities in London offer the opportunity to network with a wide range of professionals too.
I hope so… As far as I know, WMG Warwick is good at networking with industry leaders too. If he were to study an undergraduate level, I would advise him to study at a campus university like Warwick. But I don’t want to interfere with his postgraduate choices. I sincerely wish good luck to you :smile:
Original post by eggcal
Hi, thank you for the link!

Best of luck to your son, I heard universities in London offer the opportunity to network with a wide range of professionals too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending