The Student Room Group

What kind of opportunities are there internship/summer wise for CompSci?

Hi, im going to university at the end of this year and im really striving to make myself stand out, im planning on developing a mobile app during summer after college. I'd like to know more about opportunities that may arise during the breaks between terms at university. Ive heard stuff about students either interning or entering programs during the summer, for example in order to gain industry connections as well as experience that can be put on a resume.

I am applying for computer science, does anyone know what kind of opportunities or programmes there are?

If so, how do you go about registering for these programmes?

Id like to be able to gain as much knowledge and experience to build my portfolio through university so that when i get my degree i have more under my belt etc. This could also help when or if i applied for a masters, thank you!
Original post by LeviLM
Hi, im going to university at the end of this year and im really striving to make myself stand out, im planning on developing a mobile app during summer after college. I'd like to know more about opportunities that may arise during the breaks between terms at university. Ive heard stuff about students either interning or entering programs during the summer, for example in order to gain industry connections as well as experience that can be put on a resume.

I am applying for computer science, does anyone know what kind of opportunities or programmes there are?

If so, how do you go about registering for these programmes?

Id like to be able to gain as much knowledge and experience to build my portfolio through university so that when i get my degree i have more under my belt etc. This could also help when or if i applied for a masters, thank you!

There are plenty of opportunities for summer placements around.
See here - https://www.gradcracker.com/search/computing-technology/work-placements-internships?duration=Summer
I found Gradcracker to be one of the best places to search for internships and graduate roles.

There aren't that many open right now due to how close we are to the end of the current term, but if you go back and have a look in September-October you'll see hundreds if not thousands of opportunities to work in a huge variety of industries, both for summer placements and 12-months placements.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending