The Student Room Group

Bath or Southampton for Mechanical Engineering

I am grateful for have receiving offers in BEng Mechanical Engineering at both Bath and Southampton as these are two of the best UK Universities to study Engineering.
I am leaning torwards Bath as they have an excellent placement programme and is overall more reputable. However, I am still not fully convinced.
Original post by Mayu.11
I am grateful for have receiving offers in BEng Mechanical Engineering at both Bath and Southampton as these are two of the best UK Universities to study Engineering.
I am leaning torwards Bath as they have an excellent placement programme and is overall more reputable. However, I am still not fully convinced.

Hi! I think bath is a bit more reputable but I’m not fully sure . I know Southampton is well known for their engineering courses
I do really like bath and would have had it as a first choice if I could have applied . I can tell you a bit about Southampton as I applied there !
The city is really nice , it’s big enough that there’s stuff to do but not too big that it’s overwhelming
The campus seems nice from what I’ve seen. I’ve seen a bit of bath (photos) and it looks like a really great city ( would love to go if I could). Bath is a bit smaller than Southampton if you want more of a smaller city
If both courses are similar, I’d say choose based on area as that’s where you’d be for like 4 years
But also compare courses and choose what’s right for you!
Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest