The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews vs Glasgow Psychology

I have received unconditionals to study Psychology at both St Andrews University and Glasgow. The St Andrews course is preferable however I'm worried about the social aspect as it is such a small town. Glasgow has much clubs/city life. Does anyone who's been to either have advice?
If you are more focused on the social life, go to Glasgow. For the prestige, go to Andrews.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have received unconditionals to study Psychology at both St Andrews University and Glasgow. The St Andrews course is preferable however I'm worried about the social aspect as it is such a small town. Glasgow has much clubs/city life. Does anyone who's been to either have advice?

There's lots going on socially at St Andrews - based round student societies, flat parties and pubs etc. But it doesn't have the city elements - clubs/big live music venues etc.
Reply 3
I'm also quite torn since I got unconditionals from both St Andrews and Durham. St Andrews is better academically but Durham seems a lot more fun socially. If I were you, go with your heart. Mine is saying Durham but Im still not sure.
Original post by olitl
I'm also quite torn since I got unconditionals from both St Andrews and Durham. St Andrews is better academically but Durham seems a lot more fun socially. If I were you, go with your heart. Mine is saying Durham but Im still not sure.

Apply to Hatfield or St Mary’s.
Reply 5
Original post by Wired_1800
Apply to Hatfield or St Mary’s.

Marys was my second on my list, so hopefully!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending