The Student Room Group

St Andrews vs Durham Psychology

Got offers for both St Andrews and Durham for Psychology and I am really torn between which one I should put as my firm choice and which one to have as my insurance. Could anyone on here give me some insight to which one I should choose? It's a huge choice and will shape the next 3+ years of my life so I felt like I needed some other opinions haha.

Academically wise, St Andrews is better. By far. But the student life and the community at Durham seems a lot more fun. Plus I am super into sports, such as powerlifting and rowing and volleyball, so Durham is tempting in that sense, I love Durham's collegiate system too. Although St Andrews is much higher on the rankings than Durham in Psychology.

I've heard from a couple people that St Andrew's is not the place to go if I want the classic university experience and a strong social life. Therefore I'm considering Durham, but St Andrews is such a good academic opportunity! St Andrews is much cheaper for me (1 820 rather than 9250 at Durham) so that's also a plus.

I'm torn between the two. If anyone goes to Durham or St Andrews atm or is an alumni please help!!
Hi!!! Do you mind telling what offer did St Andrews give you to read psychology?

Quick Reply

Latest