The Student Room Group

hi

i am going into a level and i have always wanted to do spanish however my school never did it at gcse so i did french at gcse instead. There is a choice to do spanish a level however idk alot - could i still take it at a level as i found french exceptionally easy..
Original post by lilyhundre
i am going into a level and i have always wanted to do spanish however my school never did it at gcse so i did french at gcse instead. There is a choice to do spanish a level however idk alot - could i still take it at a level as i found french exceptionally easy..

Hi- I did both French and Spanish for GCSEs and A levels and I now study the two at uni. I would say if you found French exceptionally easy you won’t have a problem doing Spanish A level because French is said to be a bit more difficult. If you don’t know a lot I would definitely take the summer to learn the grammar really well. A book I used was the ‘Collins Easy learning Spanish grammar’ which explains everything and has exercises in it. Also definitely start listening to Spanish podcasts, music, the news and watch films in Spanish because that will help for the listening and speaking parts of the A level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending