The Student Room Group

Geography AQA GCSE 9 Markers

What structure should I follow to ensure I get 9 marks (also I have to use a case study). For 6 markers i just make 3 developed points, while for 4 markers I just make 4 points in a process. What do I do for 9 markers?
for 9 markers i used the peel structure. Point Explain Evidence Link (back to question). you can switch the order of explain and evidence but if you stick to this structure, your paragraphs will flow quite nicely. you would use your case study in the evidence part. your other structures look great too!!
Reply 2
Original post by TazmeenX
for 9 markers i used the peel structure. Point Explain Evidence Link (back to question). you can switch the order of explain and evidence but if you stick to this structure, your paragraphs will flow quite nicely. you would use your case study in the evidence part. your other structures look great too!!

tysm for the reply, and if i had 3 fors and 3 againsts, would my answer include 6 PEELS?
Original post by rishoo1
tysm for the reply, and if i had 3 fors and 3 againsts, would my answer include 6 PEELS?

its okay dw!

no this would be way too much. keep in mind you only have about 12 or so minutes for this question. if its a for/against question, have two points for the side you agree with the most/are arguing for and then have a counterpoint peel (the opposite side to which you are arguing for)

so for example, if you had a question saying something like 'to what extent does climate change pose as a threat to the future' or something and you were going to argue 'to a strong extent', you would have two points proving why it would be a strong extent and then one counterpoint to show that you appreciate the other view. you may even want to add an evaluation to this counterpoint and say how this point is actually a weak point but id leave that until you become more comfortable with the overall structure
Reply 4
okay gotcha and if u dont mind answering, do you have to state a reason for why you use a certain case study if you use it in your answer or can you just start making points about it?
(Original post by TazmeenX)its okay dw!

no this would be way too much. keep in mind you only have about 12 or so minutes for this question. if its a for/against question, have two points for the side you agree with the most/are arguing for and then have a counterpoint peel (the opposite side to which you are arguing for)

so for example, if you had a question saying something like 'to what extent does climate change pose as a threat to the future' or something and you were going to argue 'to a strong extent', you would have two points proving why it would be a strong extent and then one counterpoint to show that you appreciate the other view. you may even want to add an evaluation to this counterpoint and say how this point is actually a weak point but id leave that until you become more comfortable with the overall structure
Original post by rishoo1
okay gotcha and if u dont mind answering, do you have to state a reason for why you use a certain case study if you use it in your answer or can you just start making points about it?
(Original post by TazmeenX)its okay dw!

no not explicitly. you do of course have to link it to your point in a way and ensure you only add what's relevant.

Quick Reply

Latest