The Student Room Group

I got BBB in my mocks but I want to apply to pharmacy

Can I get predicted higher or will I be stuck at BBB. I was one mark away from an A in a subject and two marks away from an A in another subject. I haven’t done any revision this half term because I’ve been extremely sick but i’m planning on revising a lot after to try and get my grades higher but i’m not sure if that’s gonna be possible. I really want to do pharmacy at uni. Do I stand a chance?
Original post by Hajora0505
Can I get predicted higher or will I be stuck at BBB. I was one mark away from an A in a subject and two marks away from an A in another subject. I haven’t done any revision this half term because I’ve been extremely sick but i’m planning on revising a lot after to try and get my grades higher but i’m not sure if that’s gonna be possible. I really want to do pharmacy at uni. Do I stand a chance?

Every school has its own individual approach to predicted grades. They may just take these mocks as they are, they may assume you'll improve by one grade in each subject, they may assume you improve by one grade in those subjects where you were very close to the boundary, or they may look at other tests you've done and throw those into the mix.

Only your school knows how they'll determine your predicted grades, so you need to ask them.
Kingston University Mpharm ask for Bs
Reply 3
talk to your teachers when they start giving out predicted grades, tell them what you want to do at uni and then they'll probably keep that in mind when they start to give you your predicted grades
End of year test is most important, just bang those out
Original post by Hajora0505

Every school has their own method of working out predicted grades, but in general they'll probably assume that you're going to improve if your other test scores and work ethic indicate that you are trying and improving. If you have end of year exams or any end of topic test left make sure you revise really well for those so they can see that you're working hard and getting better results. You still have time and you can do it. Good luck :smile:
Plenty of Unis offer BBB/ 120 points for MPharm - UCLAN , Liverpool John Moores, Bradford, De Montfort, Sunderland ...
(edited 1 year ago)
Remember that you do not need to apply until January - if you can work your socks off over the summer and then show teachers in the autumn term that you are working at a higher level, they may be willing to raise your predicted grades.

Your 5 UCAS choices can include 1 or 2 choices where the required grades are just above your predicted grades, so if you can raise your predicted grades to ABB this puts many other Unis within your reach.

Useful free Moocs to do over the summer :
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/everyday-chemistry
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/foundations-of-science
I just got an offer from DMU at BCC if I firm and got an offer at BBB from Aston so you should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending